Tunze ATO 3155 Does not fill up through out the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mnosz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tunze 3155 that I just purchased through amazon. Everyday I come home and the back of my all in one tank is half empty. All it takes is for me to rub my thumb over the EYE sensor and it will kick on. I have no refug light, no bubbles in the area and I have made sure the float sensor wire is no were near the eye sensor. Looking for any recommendations.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tunze 3155 that I just purchased through amazon. Everyday I come home and the back of my all in one tank is half empty. All it takes is for me to rub my thumb over the EYE sensor and it will kick on. I have no refug light, no bubbles in the area and I have made sure the float sensor wire is no were near the eye sensor. Looking for any recommendations.
How new is it? Sometimes the optical sensors need to sit in your aquarium water for a week orso before they start functioning properly.

OP
OP
mnosz

mnosz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How new is it? Sometimes the optical sensors need to sit in your aquarium water for a week orso before they start functioning properly.
its been setup for a week tomorrow.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would double check that it is absolutely clean, remove it from the magnet, dust or any debirs or algae could be the cause, the most common causes of the sensor not working in a very short time is:

1) Foam from a skimmer or drain caking the sensor with organic material.
2) Dust from sand or from a fairly new set up
3) Precipitate from calcium and buffer additions, especially when kalkwasser is used.
4) Algae growth

In the case of an organic such as skimmer foam or algae, diluted bleach (1 to 20) or hydrogen peroxide 3%, (1-1) will be the best cleaning agent, a 30 minute soak and wipe down with a soft towel should remove it.

In the case of mineral deposits, a roughly 1 hour soak in white vinegar is the best solution.

Never scrub or scrape the sensor as any scratches will ruin it.

OP
OP
mnosz

mnosz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would double check that it is absolutely clean, remove it from the magnet, dust or any debirs or algae could be the cause, the most common causes of the sensor not working in a very short time is:

3) Precipitate from calcium and buffer additions, especially when kalkwasser is used.
4) Algae growth

In the case of an organic such as skimmer foam or algae, diluted bleach (1 to 20) or hydrogen peroxide 3%, (1-1) will be the best cleaning agent, a 30 minute soak and wipe down with a soft towel should remove it.

In the case of mineral deposits, a roughly 1 hour soak in white vinegar is the best solution.

Thanks! Out of all those options I honestly believe the only one it could be is Dust from sand or from on a new setup. I will try a soak in vinegar for an hour and see what happens. Hopefully that does the trick. I was really excited about this ato with the fail safe and all the hype around it. but the start has been kind of disappointing.

I do not have a skimmer. No dosing as of yet. and algae growth is 0 I have yet to see any algae in my system since its so new and I am not turning the lights on.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it close to a power head ? If so it could affect function.

I just set-up my new 3155 myself and the first 4-5 days, it didn’t seem to kick in very much. It would go a whole day without kicking in. I thought it was malfunctioning but now it’s going about once an hour and doing a good job.

Did you use the big magnet where you place both the optical sensor and the float ? If find it looks more reliable than putting the two in different spots.

OP
OP
mnosz

mnosz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it close to a power head ? If so it could affect function.

I just set-up my new 3155 myself and the first 4-5 days, it didn’t seem to kick in very much. It would go a whole day without kicking in. I thought it was malfunctioning but now it’s going about once an hour and doing a good job.

Did you use the big magnet where you place both the optical sensor and the float ? If find it looks more reliable than putting the two in different spots.
No Powerheads near it. and I am using the big magnet thing that holds the float and the eye sensor.

OP
OP
mnosz

mnosz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4) Algae growth

Somehow yesterday it just started to function normally. I will keep an eye on it and try the vinegar bath if I see anymore issues.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue. Found out that my KalkStirrer was causing a film on the opitcal sensor. I moved my KalkStirrer from my return into my fuge and problem solved.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back