Tunze magnet (6205.501) on octopulese for 3/4 inch glass?

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering tunze extra strong magnet upgrade can used in other power heads for 3/4" glass?

The octopulse looks cool, compared to a $700 mp60, but 3/4" glass is a no go it seems.

Wondering if i just used a tunze magnet?

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I built a custom magnet for my WAV, and the orientation surprised me. The WAV had 2 magnets, with the poles along the length of the magnet, not through the depth of the magnet. I don't know if that's common for all pumps or not. If they aren't lined up properly, it won't even work at all. If they are offset side to side too much, it will be weak.

You really have no way of knowing what the magnet orientations and positions are on both halves until you buy them and find out. Basically what I ended up doing was buying some big magnets off KJ Magnetics, and then 3d-printing a holder for them that matched up with the WAV.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

• I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back