Tunze Osmolator 2 Has Been Completely Redesigned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tunze Osmolator 2 is the company’s long awaited follow up to one of the most popular auto top-off solutions in the wider aquarium hobby. Power users of the Tunze Osmolator would be hard pressed to find much to improve about this reliable ATO device but Tunze has gone ahead and redesigned every aspect of…
Source

Continue reading...

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks great! Any idea on when this product will be released?
Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

I just filled and started the cycle on my tank....and I already am getting tired of watching the level of water in the sump/having to top it up.

The "old" model is unavailable...and I don't want to buy the Neptune (average poor reviews).

ScubaGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

I just filled and started the cycle on my tank....and I already am getting tired of watching the level of water in the sump/having to top it up.

The "old" model is unavailable...and I don't want to buy the Neptune (average poor reviews).
Yeah, I'm on the same boat. I've set up a second tank, it just cycled and need an ATO for it.

I found an "old" (current 3155 model) Tunze ATO, but the retailer wants about 15% over MSRP for it. I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. I have been thinking about the Neptune solution, but would prefer to get the newer Tunze model, (or the current one at MSRP price).

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm on the same boat. I've set up a second tank, it just cycled and need an ATO for it.

I found an "old" (current 3155 model) Tunze ATO, but the retailer wants about 15% over MSRP for it. I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. I have been thinking about the Neptune solution, but would prefer to get the newer Tunze model, (or the current one at MSRP price).
I have some Neptune kit...so I was thinking about the ATO...but so many bad reviews.....

lanceinhuntsville

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this is really disappointing, why redesign a perfect system. Thankfully I have 3 and one tank so two backups which should last me a while :)
I’m really disappointed they got rid of the physical float-switch. The built-in redundant safety is one of the best parts of the osmolator. I wouldn’t mind a quieter pump on it though.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really disappointed they got rid of the physical float-switch. The built-in redundant safety is one of the best parts of the osmolator. I wouldn’t mind a quieter pump on it though.

ya I just read that! I really can’t believe it, that was the best part of the osmolator. I hate the single point of failure that all others have.

And there is not another ato even in the same ballpark . Hope they don’t drip the ball or mine last forever haha

Hopefully roger will still repair the 3155

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally gave in and purchased when BRS had the "old" model in stock. I read somewhere the new model won't be out until Spring next year. I'm not hauling water buckets to the tank for the next six months......

I'm pretty happy. Takes a while to get it "dialed" in...but now I'm happy I don't have to lug water to the tank every day

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back