Tunze Wavebox Effects on Tanks and Stands.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so like some people know I am dedicating my tank to have only Euphyllia as corals (Still having fish and inverts) and seeing a torch going back and forth is awesome! I really want to get a tunze wavebox nano for my 40g aquarium but how do I know if my aquarium is strong enough for a standing wave? I have it second hand so I don't know what manufacturer it came from and I have a pine stand, if my aquarium will not last, how else can I get my Euphyllia to sway back and forth with a LOW COST option.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so like some people know I am dedicating my tank to have only Euphyllia as corals (Still having fish and inverts) and seeing a torch going back and forth is awesome! I really want to get a tunze wavebox nano for my 40g aquarium but how do I know if my aquarium is strong enough for a standing wave? I have it second hand so I don't know what manufacturer it came from and I have a pine stand, if my aquarium will not last, how else can I get my Euphyllia to sway back and forth with a LOW COST option.

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a plastic framed or glass braced tank, the risk is low regardless who made the tank. Rimless tanks have higher risk due to lacking the bracing but even that risk is low IMO. It just doesn't happen that much, but rimless manufacturers still cover their butts " not recommended for wavemakers". The stand however is more of a concern if it's poorly built. Pine stand is great for dealing with lateral stresses as long as it's well constructed.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Oceanic tank built in 1992 on the factory stand. I have a Tunze wavebox on the tank for a long time and it is all still standing. I always though that equipment failures was just a dumb thing to worry about with a wave box.

Back