Turbelle Nanostream 6025 Noise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Turbelle Nanostream 6025's purchased November 2020. They were starting to get some algae film so I took them out and cleaned them by soaking in citric acid + RO water mix. After putting them back in the tank, one makes a faint radioactive click sounding noise while running, at all times.

I will try to take a part and put back together again when I have time, but any idea what would be causing this?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two main possibilities would be that the disk 6055.740 under the drive unit was lost if the drive unit was removed and it possibly fell out, this part sits on the shaft down in the pump. Or, if the drive unit was not removed prior to cleaning, calcium deposits in the motor and on the shaft may have softened and broken loose, but generally not enough acid will get in to fully dissolve and remove the deposits without removing the drive unit first.

OP
OP
ctopherl

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two main possibilities would be that the disk 6055.740 under the drive unit was lost if the drive unit was removed and it possibly fell out, this part sits on the shaft down in the pump. Or, if the drive unit was not removed prior to cleaning, calcium deposits in the motor and on the shaft may have softened and broken loose, but generally not enough acid will get in to fully dissolve and remove the deposits without removing the drive unit first.
Ok thanks for the quick reply. I did not take anything apart when cleaning-just took the "protective cage" off and soaked separately. Sounds like I should fully remove the drive unit and try cleaning again!

OP
OP
ctopherl

ctopherl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confirming, is this the “drive unit” you’re referring to? I have taken this piece out and am letting it soak separately. Or is there further disassembly required?

FD9F138E-451D-4AE4-90D1-DD1C501FE551.jpeg

Back