Turbo's Aquatics Algae Scrubbers: Rev 5 Status & Rev 4 Availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still making face shields, but after next week, that may be done for a while (at least, the large volume orders).

After that, I'll be working on some Rev 4 units. Rev 5 is still in a holding pattern

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still making face shields, but after next week, that may be done for a while (at least, the large volume orders).

After that, I'll be working on some Rev 4 units. Rev 5 is still in a holding pattern

thanks for the update Bud! and more improperly for making PPE.
I have been wanting a turbo scrubber for years now hopefully soon. I am setting up a system 175 total volume with sump .thinking ( hoping) the L2 at 2 cubes a day would work .

thoughts? before I get on the list?

Mark Nicoletti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WooHoo! Keep me on the list. No way I could go with any other algae scrubber after seeing yours.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya bud! I’m interested in getting a turf scrubber too!

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at your rev 4 L2! Now I see this thread with a new one in the future; please add me to the list for the Rev 5 L2.

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bud,

How’s it looking with faceshields? Still possibly ramping down on that and start up rev4s?
That's the plan - I just finished off the last of my current large orders this afternoon. No rest for the wicked though, between scrubbers and sumps, I'll just keep the engine stoked.

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i got tired of waiting on rev 5 and all the covid excuses so i purchased a used L2 Rev 4, unfortunatley i will have to replace screen and there is no pump or any of the other bits they come with when new but at least i have one on its way ( should be here saturday) instead of waiting till who knows when for turbos aquatics to get back on track.

Last edited by a moderator:

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i got tired of waiting on rev 5 and all the covid excuses so i purchased a used L2 Rev 4, unfortunatley i will have to replace screen and there is no pump or any of the other bits they come with when new but at least i have one on its way ( should be here saturday) instead of waiting till who knows when for turbos aquatics to get back on track.
You sound like a nice fellow

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got tired of waiting on rev 5 and all the covid excuses so i purchased a used L2 Rev 4

@lordraptor1 if it makes any difference, it's been bugging the s^%$ out of me too. I would have much rather been manufacturing scrubbers for the last 6 months because the world of aquarium equipment sales has skyrocketed over the last 6 months and I can't help but feel like I've missed out on that storm.

i will have to replace screen
Is the screen you got torn, or not included?

there is no pump
A pump is not included, and I stopped selling these when Rio changed the parts they included with theirs (they removed one of the adapters that was the point of me carrying that pump)

or any of the other bits they come with when new
Take a look at this parts list https://www.turbosaquatics.com/parts-list-for-rev-4-algae-scrubbers/ and let me know what you're missing and I'll try to get you taken care of

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've talked to people who have said they have sold more product to date this year than all of 2019, and that doesn't include pre-stocking orders for the upcoming holiday sales. It's been bonkers.

I'm back on top of working through all of the changes so I can get everything in production. There is a lead time to all of this once I lock things in, then parts approval, etc. I learned my lesson about rushing through this process and making exceptions so that I can release sooner. Not doing that again. I know I might lose some customers due to all the delays, but I'm OK with that because the product will be better and I will be able to produce them faster on a long-term basis.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone, I removed a few posts that were political and/or COVID related (please remember that if you'd like to discuss COVID thoughts, you can join our user group for that and you'll have access to a separate subforum for that. Here's a LINK for that.). PM me if you have questions about this so we don't derail this thread anymore.

Let's keep this thread on track! I know @Turbo's Aquatics is working as hard and fast as he can to get everyone taken care of. These units are worth waiting for!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back