Turbo's Aquatics Algae Scrubbers: Rev 5 Status & Rev 4 Availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lordraptor1 if it makes any difference, it's been bugging the s^%$ out of me too. I would have much rather been manufacturing scrubbers for the last 6 months because the world of aquarium equipment sales has skyrocketed over the last 6 months and I can't help but feel like I've missed out on that storm.

Is the screen you got torn, or not included?

A pump is not included, and I stopped selling these when Rio changed the parts they included with theirs (they removed one of the adapters that was the point of me carrying that pump)

Take a look at this parts list https://www.turbosaquatics.com/parts-list-for-rev-4-algae-scrubbers/ and let me know what you're missing and I'll try to get you taken care of

seller didnt include the screen so i dont know if it was damage ore he lost it LOL. as far as whats missing i dont have it in my hands just yet ( today or saturday) with that having been said however just going off of the pics he sent i can honestly say

growth screen
3/4" thread to thread union
3/4" thread to hose barb adapter
ball valve
of course the hose barb ( basically all input from the thread to thread coupler down ( i have been tryign to source the stuff at the local hardware store without much success as our local lowes always has empty bins for the stuff)

possibly missing but not sure until it arrives:

• (2) 2″ to 1.5″ PVC adapters
  • (2) 12″ sections of 1.5″ PVC pipe
  • (1) bubble reducer coupling with integral flapper valve (for drain control)
  • (1) 4″ x 8″ 200 micron felt draw string filter bag
  • Denture toothbrush
  • Grout & Tile scrub brush
  • Plastic scraper and/or monogrammed Lil Chisler scraper
basically teh pics dont show any of the plumbing bits at all past the elbow so not sure if the seller is including it or not however, i suspect not based on seller stating it was working when he pulled it off his tank a year ago which tells me the plumbing bits were most likely lost.

like i said been trying to source the missing plumbing bits from the local lowes but not having much luck with empty bins and them claiming covid is interfering with deliveries which i personally call BS on considering i have been trying to find a 1/4 x 1/4 quick connect ball valve for my rodi at the local lowes for over a year and the site says they have some but the bin is empty and has been for over a year and a half ( no joke)

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
growth screen
3/4" thread to thread union
3/4" thread to hose barb adapter
ball valve
of course the hose barb
(2) 2″ to 1.5″ PVC adapters
(2) 12″ sections of 1.5″ PVC pipe
(1) bubble reducer coupling with integral flapper valve (for drain control)
(1) 4″ x 8″ 200 micron felt draw string filter bag
Denture toothbrush
Grout & Tile scrub brush
Plastic scraper and/or monogrammed Lil Chisler scraper
Yup that is typical, don't go digging through bins - I have all these parts in stock and will message you. Once you get the scrubber, you might find that the slot pipe fittings the seller used might not work for you, and you might need a new slot pipe as well.

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup that is typical, don't go digging through bins - I have all these parts in stock and will message you. Once you get the scrubber, you might find that the slot pipe fittings the seller used might not work for you, and you might need a new slot pipe as well.

sent PM will send another as well to discuss slot pipe.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking I may need an algae scrubber but have no idea what to look for or where to start. Any help with that?

Tou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bud
I just like to give you a shout out for your recent excellent customer service on the product. You been very patient with me and fixed the problem with the LED.
"You are right about the warrenty is as good as the person giving it!"
5 Stars for the service and communication.

I have a L4 Rev4. Is there a link to get on the waiting list for backwards compatible rev5 upgrade? I would love to be on it.
Thank You
Peter

Last edited:

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
besides the new tank ,RS650P the new rev 5 L2 scrubber is the most anticipated gear for the new tank.

@Turbo's Aquatics are we back to making ATS? for those of us that signed up pretty early and idea of the ETA? not trying to bug you just trying to get an idea so i can mentally and financially prepare.
new stand is built I will get the tank up this week and start the plumbing then aquascape and then cycle so I am out a while. but would like to get the ATS on the tank soon after cycle to keep the uglies at bay.

as anyone out there have much experience with running a scrubber on a new tank? I know it not gonna grow the think turf algae until more N&P are in the tank but my idea/thought process is giving it a better place to grow then the DT will keep it out of the tank.
thoughts? would love to hear your new tank ATS stories.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Bud,

What size you recommend for approximate 190 G of water with a oversize skimmer.

When we can expect the Rev 5 ?

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for some reason, I missed these last few posts! Must have accidentally deleted the email alert without clicking it
What size you recommend for approximate 190 G of water with a oversize skimmer.

L4 for that volume typically, but depending on other filtration and your need you want to fulfill with the scrubber, you might be able to use an L2 as co-filtration

When we can expect the Rev 5 ?

Still in process...not as soon as I was hoping for. Likely I will actually be restocking some Rev 4 parts so I can make more discounted units. I will be posting about that as soon as I can get a timeline worked out.

@Turbo's Aquatics hows things shaken over there?
Slowly starting to get ahead

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for some reason, I missed these last few posts! Must have accidentally deleted the email alert without clicking it

L4 for that volume typically, but depending on other filtration and your need you want to fulfill with the scrubber, you might be able to use an L2 as co-filtration

Still in process...not as soon as I was hoping for. Likely I will actually be restocking some Rev 4 parts so I can make more discounted units. I will be posting about that as soon as I can get a timeline worked out.

Slowly starting to get ahead
Thanks for the update Bud. Looking forward to my rev.5

So guessing Rev. 5 will not be this year with everything going on. Was hoping to fire up the ATS about a month after getting wet.

Apperacite you keep up the good work!

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent an email. Looks like a great product, but I need an estimated delivery. I can wait a bit, but not months. Hopefully we can make something work.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanks again

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a professional cheato reactor on a fish only tank, and it has never in 6 months made one ounce of cheato, do you think your reactor would work on my tank. My tank now is 120 with 4 large fish and I feed heavy, I have a 220 gallon tank in the garage so that tank will be my new tank. My current tank grows algae all over the glass and powerheads.

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a professional cheato reactor on a fish only tank, and it has never in 6 months made one ounce of cheato, do you think your reactor would work on my tank. My tank now is 120 with 4 large fish and I feed heavy, I have a 220 gallon tank in the garage so that tank will be my new tank. My current tank grows algae all over the glass and powerheads.
That's not the first time I've heard that. Not sure exactly why that happens. I get maybe 2-3 people per year that have a difficult time getting the scrubber to start growing, and every time that happens, I've been able to get their up and going by putting it on a very soft-starting light schedule (low flow, very low lights, ramping up slowly).

If you have algae on the glass, you should not have any issues getting a scrubber going.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back