Turbo's Aquatics Algae Scrubbers: Rev 5 Status & Rev 4 Availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. The reactor worked great on my IM Lagoon 25 but I was afraid that it would strip my tank, so I put it on my 120 with 4 large fish with constant algae problems. and dietrus.

BaliSurferDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot you a contact, from your webpage, before finding this thread.
Interested in ordering a L4 ver. 5, when you start production :)
Greetings,
from Norway!

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be doing a larger production run of the discounted Rev 4 L2s and L4s over the next few months in order to bridge the gap until the Rev 5 release (which will come out this spring). More info coming this weekend, but that's the long and short of it.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be doing a larger production run of the discounted Rev 4 L2s and L4s over the next few months in order to bridge the gap until the Rev 5 release (which will come out this spring). More info coming this weekend, but that's the long and short of it.

thanks for the update Bud. that 's a real bummer I was really looking forward to the rev 5. but I totally understand with everything going on.

there where some great features in the rev 5, are more of the features going to be upgradeable or just the one listed in this thread?

mbmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order for the L4 rev 5 but i did not know about the delay, how I change to a rev 4 ,? I can't wait until the spring.
Thanks

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any news?
Nothing overly new, still waiting on Rev 4 parts
I just placed an order for the L4 rev 5 but i did not know about the delay, how I change to a rev 4 ,? I can't wait until the spring.
Thanks
I haven't actually taken orders, nothing is locked in until you get an invoice. So right now, a support ticket is just getting in line. Easy to change, I am behind on support tickets so give me a bit and I'll get to yours
does anyone have the dems. of the L2 @Turbo's Aquatics? plumbing my manifold and trying to decide where I want to put it.

Happy holidays!
Right here: https://www.turbosaquatics.com/turbo-algae-scrubber-dimensions/

These are just dims of the main shell, not including plumbing connections

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing overly new, still waiting on Rev 4 parts

I haven't actually taken orders, nothing is locked in until you get an invoice. So right now, a support ticket is just getting in line. Easy to change, I am behind on support tickets so give me a bit and I'll get to yours

Right here: https://www.turbosaquatics.com/turbo-algae-scrubber-dimensions/

These are just dims of the main shell, not including plumbing connections

thanks Bud for sme reason i could not find that. manaifold going in today so I'll be ready.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, got so excited when I saw you replied to this thread ahah
I would post more, but the real deal is that everything that is going on right now in the world of manufacturing and production makes the 2020 Great Toilet Paper Shortage look like predictor event. That sounds funny but I'm actually serious. The current world supply chain is pretty much in complete disarray.

Anything made or sourced overseas gets delayed multiple times
- at the dock to load up, weeks.
- when the ship arrives at destination, long wait to dock up (weeks in some cases)
- once they unload, customs is so short staffed and backed up, the wait is 45 days (normally ~10)
- once cleared, if it goes on a train, and the destination terminal is backed up, they get diverted or just sit there

It's basically gridlock/logjam all over the place and it's constantly changing. I just heard today that in Europe, a shipping lane is the Suez canal is blocked by a stuck freighter and it can't move for at least a few weeks. So literally everything stops. Ships can't unload, can't load, can't move. Everyone expecting their ship to be on the way from point A to point B on day X...delayed.

I've been told by more than one of my suppliers that I need to start planning my stocking orders 3 months or more in advance.

Anything in the US, a bit better, unless you want something new made.
- Extrusion facilities are at 50% staff and 90-100% load
- Injection facilities are generally only making parts for existing molds because they don't have the labor force to make new molds, nor the staff to make the parts. Much of this is because quite a significant % of people are sitting at home getting paid more to do nothing - that is almost word for word what one manufacturer told me.

This is all starting to trickle down. Shipping costs keep going up, material costs keep going up...it's a nightmare and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I'm still pushing hard on the schedule. One thing won't be a barrier for me, and that is working space. Moving into a new-to-me 3000+ SF facility for all my ventures, and starting to staff up as well.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back