Turn a spare MJ1200 Pump into a Detritus Vacuum!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cobalt mjs are nowhere to be found. Id rather buy a danner than a marineland mj. Anybody have luck adapting this to something like a mag 2? It's 1/2 pipe thread, but it's easy enough to find a3/4 adapter.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cobalt mjs are nowhere to be found. Id rather buy a danner than a marineland mj. Anybody have luck adapting this to something like a mag 2? It's 1/2 pipe thread, but it's easy enough to find a3/4 adapter.
What's wrong with a Marineland MJ? I still have one that I got 8 years ago going strong. It's not like this is a critical piece like a return pump.

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought plenty of Marineland stuff when it was made in the US. People all around the world need to make a living, and I have traveled (mostly as a squid) and met great people all over the world. But I make my living in manufacturing in the US, so I support US manufacturers where I can. At the same time, I'm not thrilled with a few issues in China, (I recognize the US has its own issues), so I'm taking a break from ordering products made in that country for a little while.
But you are right, I have no doubt the marineland mj would do what I want it to do in my sump a few times a year.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We have not tried that particular pump - but it's worth looking into.

You are correct - cobalt pumps have all but vanished (Ive heard supply and/or cash flow issues). But as both @Sleepydoc and @slojim have pointed out, the MJV will fit the Marineland version of the MJ pump just fine as well. BRS seem to have those in stock

The MJV as it is right now, should fit any pump with a inlet that has a ~.75in (~20mm) OD. We are however looking into expanding the pump compatablity to other small, utility pumps.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 93 51.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back