SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see him eating ! ! !
Yea, he ate a little on Friday last week, then a pretty good piece again on Monday. Today he devoured the first piece and would have the second but he couldn't get it in his mouth. After a few tries, he lost interest or realized he wasnt hungry anymore... the first piece was also fish and was a lot easier for him to mash than the second. 100% that was a piece of squid.

I'm still learning what he can swallow and will have a better sized pieces. That was just thawed LRS Chunky without any trimming. Next feeding will be Monday or Tuesday of next week. Filtration on his holding/QT tank is not the best, so I don't want to foul up the water too quick.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool idea for a nano. Had no idea there was even an eel small enough for a nano. (You've me curious about one now.)

Really sweet job on modding the stand too.

Thank you, and welcome aboard! I kept going back and forth on the internet trying to find a stand suitable for holding a glass box full of water, then one day walking thru my very messy maze of a garage, I looked at the old stand and said, "I can make that work." Wheels started turning, out came the circular saw and well, you know how it turned out.

Would hermits be a good addition to clean up after him? I'm just curious.

Hermits are absolutely going into the drop off. I don't want to put anything else in that tank with him, because I really don't want to pull it back out later, lol. That and I don't want to steal hermits from my big tank. It needs all the algae eaters it can get. I'm not so worried about little bits of food, as I am the build up of nutrients getting into the rocks. They will move over with him, I don't think I could get him out of his little hole if I wanted too.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I can go ahead and tell you which light I have decided on. I received an invoice today and will be placing my order soon. I'm going with a NanoBox Reef Duo Plus M. David from Nanobox responded very quickly to my inquiry about making the light for a peninsula style tank instead of the traditional longways set up. He said this was no problem as well at having the entire body of the light blue, instead of "blah blah black." I'm excited and can't wait to place my order.

Example photo of Nanobox Duo over an IM Fusion 20 here. Just imagine drop off, and blue. You get the idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the drop off.
Happy to see Aku eating.

Aku... as in "evil"?

It does mean evil. I took it from the TV show Samurai Jack. Not a huge fan or nothing, but I've watched it here and the and the name just popped in my head and stuck.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190130_161825372.jpg
IMG_20190130_161829056.jpg
IMG_20190130_161833824.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys I'm going to invite you into my living room for a minute. Take your shoes off at the door please. I need some opinions... yea, I know opinions are like "elbows." Everyone has one and they all stink. ;Hilarious

Seriously tho, Turtle is getting this "nobody puts baby the corner" vibe. What say yee?

20190131_130834.jpg
20190131_130822.jpg

My view from the couch... :(

20190131_165614.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back