BRS

kiswanson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
There is nothing better than a tuxedo urchin for algae control for a tank too small for tangs. If you order the ORA aquacultured tuxedo urchins they arrive relatively small and can work even for a Pico tank. I have one that currently keeps my 3.8 gallon spotless (Eventually I’ll have to move it to my larger tank and get a new small urchin)

82ED2906-4775-4182-9C56-0A13E3DDA941.jpeg

exnisstech

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Love the video and will have to show my wife. She is always looking around for ours. I recently bought 2 of them. They are in a 180 gallon and have been mowing down the hair algae. One is now wearing a cleaner shrimp molt. They are pretty cool and from what I have read pretty hardy.

BRS

areefer01

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
These will be the ones you want for nano type displays. They are great for any to be honest but since we are talking about nano and Pico here you go.

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Every urchin iv ever had has munched on coral and will never again put any type in a tank with coral

This includes tuxedo long spine short spine and pencil

Once it gets hungry it'll start eating your corals they are as bad as chocklet chip starfish

I would really really like to have one and mine were all from the ocean so mabey that had somthing to do with it idk

If u all have had good luck with the blues as iv never tried a blue please let me know

Each type ate a difrent coral type and iv got a mixed reef so best not to chance it without knowing from users if anyone has ever had a blue eat coral before

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
kiswanson

kiswanson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Every urchin iv ever had has munched on coral and will never again put any type in a tank with coral

This includes tuxedo long spine short spine and pencil

Once it gets hungry it'll start eating your corals they are as bad as chocklet chip starfish

I would really really like to have one and mine were all from the ocean so mabey that had somthing to do with it idk

If u all have had good luck with the blues as iv never tried a blue please let me know

Each type ate a difrent coral type and iv got a mixed reef so best not to chance it without knowing from users if anyone has ever had a blue eat coral before
I’ve had the blue tuxedos for almost a year and no eating of coral.

GoldenOrbWeaver

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
There is nothing better than a tuxedo urchin for algae control for a tank too small for tangs. If you order the ORA aquacultured tuxedo urchins they arrive relatively small and can work even for a Pico tank. I have one that currently keeps my 3.8 gallon spotless (Eventually I’ll have to move it to my larger tank and get a new small urchin)

82ED2906-4775-4182-9C56-0A13E3DDA941.jpeg
I'm considering getting one for my 5.5 gallon. How quickly do they grow? I am planning on upgrading to a 20 gallon in around a year but I don't know if an urchin would grow too fast and would need to be moved earlier than that.

i cant think

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Love the video and will have to show my wife. She is always looking around for ours. I recently bought 2 of them. They are in a 180 gallon and have been mowing down the hair algae. One is now wearing a cleaner shrimp molt. They are pretty cool and from what I have read pretty hardy.
When I saw my pincushion urchin carrying my shrimps moly for the first time I panicked thinking I had some spider crab in the tank. What did you first think?

CLICK TO VIEW LIVESTREAM

exnisstech

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
When I saw my pincushion urchin carrying my shrimps moly for the first time I panicked thinking I had some spider crab in the tank. What did you first think?
I knew it was a molt but only because I have e been keeping shrimp for a while. The only thing very first molt I had I thought my shrimp was dead lol.

i cant think

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I knew it was a molt but only because I have e been keeping shrimp for a while. The only thing very first molt I had I thought my shrimp was dead lol.
I’ve been keeping shrimp for a while but this was at like 7am so lights were off and all I saw was what appeared as 8 legs and claws.
Definitely felt that same feeling when I first kept them though.

Tidal Gardens ⚡FLASH SALE⚡
OP
kiswanson

kiswanson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm considering getting one for my 5.5 gallon. How quickly do they grow? I am planning on upgrading to a 20 gallon in around a year but I don't know if an urchin would grow too fast and would need to be moved earlier than that.
I think that would probably work out fine. They don’t grow super fast.

Champion