Tuxedo Urchin White Spot/Fungus

Kinnu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Did water change two days ago. The urchin has moved around a bit since then but today I noticed a change on it. Ive attached two photos to this post if someone experience could look at it. Before the water change, the urchin was climbing in the corner up the tank, never went fully out. Im currently working and will do a reading test of the water tonight, but pre water change here are some numbers:
1620160572418.png

I know my Calcium and Magnesium were high which is why I did the water change. Currently, I only have inverts(Blue hermits, Cerith/Nerite Snail, 3 Emerald Crabs, One Urchin(This one), and a single coral).

Any idea what I did that might have hurt my little bud here? Currently alive and hoping it stays that way.

Hermits are active and lively. Emeralds and snails are active and lively at night.

20210504_152808.jpg 20210504_152851.jpg

OP
OP
Kinnu

Kinnu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems as if the Urchin is losing it's spines at an alarming rate. I believe this means that it is passing. The single coral I have is also looking bad. I may have caused to much stress when changing water I guess. This sucks.

OP
OP
Kinnu

Kinnu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Urchin is now bare and a hole appeared at the top. It is for sure dead sadly, to me at least.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back