• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Two Clarisea SK-5000 Units for Sale, Disassembled and CLEANED (DC Metro, 20878)

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am selling two Clarisea SK-5000 Roller Filters. They are disassembled and cleaned, and will be shipped flat. (Assembly video is online, easy to follow.) In very good condition. You would need to buy new fleece filter rolls.

$215 apiece, shipped (lower 48 U.S. only). (They sell for $400 new.)

I will sell both together for $400, shipped.

Pickup is available for reduced price, 20878, if you are local, less than 2 miles from where ICC/I370/Sam Eig Highway ends at Great Seneca Highway.

Takeup drum motors shown to be working here:

pair.jpg
left.jpg
right.jpg

OP
OP
Kengar

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, as you will see, one of the threaded rods used to hold the box together when assembled has a roller around it, sort of like a sleeve. That was a "fix" the company came up with when they developed the second generation fleece, since the sleeve was "tight" enough that it would cause the white filter plate to flex as the sleeve was pulled through the filter box. That resulted in a protrusion of fleece wrinkled over on itself, thereby forming a bulge in the middle of the pickup roll which ultimately led to roller being blocked from rotating. The sleeve stiffens the threaded rod/braces the filter plate, and worked like a charm to keep everything working the way it is supposed to work.

I checked the online assembly video, and it does not appear to have been updated to reflect the fix. Therefore, please note that the threaded rod with the roller sleeve over it gets used here, at the uppermost position on the side with the takeup roller:

Capture.PNG

Back