Two clownfish with seperate issues

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I recently picked up 4 clownfish from my LFS (ocillaris clowns) to start restocking my tank after it's fallow period. I learned my lesson this time and put them in a 30 gallon QT I set up. they've been in there one week now, and I have noticed two things I want to double check on.
Clown fish 1 (Sam) has a lighter mark on his head that I do not think was there when we brought him home. picture attached. is this just a marking, or is something else going on?
1613707120478.png

Clownfish 2 (meri) for the last couple days has decided he wants to stay in his top back corner and swim vertically, all day every day even when sleeping, unless of course he decides to explore the top of the tank. I have also seen him swimming on his side some as well. now, when he's scared because I opened the tank, he will rejoin the group and swim perfectly normally. he also eats fine, and when food is introduced he is as good a swimmer as the rest. is he just being funny and doing his thing, or is something more sinister going on? video attached.

P.S. sorry for my wife fussing at the cat in the background

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back