Two Holes in back of Tank

htorresphotography

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this set up and we found out the hard way that there were two holes in the back of the inside of the tank that sucked in my anemone almost killing it. Its a JBJ 20 gal Nano RL tank. One hole is located at the bottom left of the filtration box chamber, and the other on the bottom right going into the pump chamber.

Does anyone have information on the purpose of these holes?

IMG_4426.jpg IMG_4470.jpg IMG_4464.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I'm sure others will chime in who have the tank. My only piece of advice is that if it is a brand new tank, to return the nem. Survival for them in a new tank is next to none.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just got this set up and we found out the hard way that there were two holes in the back of the inside of the tank that sucked in my anemone almost killing it. Its a JBJ 20 gal Nano RL tank. One hole is located at the bottom left of the filtration box chamber, and the other on the bottom right going into the pump chamber.

Does anyone have information on the purpose of these holes?

IMG_4426.jpg IMG_4470.jpg IMG_4464.jpg
Looks like a modificatopn as there is one only for return line. I would fill with rubble or get a plug at home depot that fits the hole.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read through the .anuel and there is nothing in reference to it. intresting, I wonder if your on to something here.
I would assume they are there to prevent the rear chambers from running dry if the water in the display gets too low. The Evo 13.5 has the same thing. I plugged mine.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back