Two identical wounds on foxface

Nathan Fx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there hope you doing good,

I got a nice foxface in my tank, two day ago I noticed a bumpy wound on the side of him. I didnt though it was a diease on the spot maybe he just hit a rock or something. So I only mix some vitamin C with his norris and didnt worry much about it. Plus the day after (yesterday) the wound looked a bit better.
But today I noticed he got another very similar looking wound on the same side.. he is still eating very well, he is fat and healty like all my fishs..

The foxface is my last addition of the tank... 3 years ago...
I still think he hit something again or maybe my coral banded shrimp attacked im. I would be surprized tho but want to make sure with you guys, water quality is good, I got 5 fish in a 100G tank, everyone is doing great (damsel, 2x clown, tomini tang and the foxface)

I'm Planning to upgrade to a 360G only for him cause he grow fast. Please let me know if you think it's just an injury or should I be more concerned. If it'sonly an injury what can I do to help him heal faster.

I did My best with the pictures. Thanks in advance, btw he's named Eddy.

IMG-2095.jpg IMG-2078.jpg IMG-2101.jpg IMG-2099.jpg IMG-2100.jpg IMG-2082.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-2090.MOV
    15.6 MB

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I'm sorry - I'm guessing your English is not your first language. There was one 'bump' on one side of the fish. Then some time later - there was another bump near that one - correct

OP
OP
N

Nathan Fx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm sorry - I'm guessing your English is not your first language. There was one 'bump' on one side of the fish. Then some time later - there was another bump near that one - correct
yes exaclty, sorry

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This could be an internal nematode - or another issue. Assume the rest of your fish are fine. As far as attacking - the damsel is far more likely to cause this problem than the shrimp IMHO.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a solution - you could CONSIDER - putting the foxface into a hospital tank and 1. Watching it.
2. Treating it - with an antiparisitic

Will phone a friend

@Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any other tangs in with it, or just the tomini? These spots could be tang scalpel swipes....those often have raised edges like these do. I normally would not suspect a tomini of doing this (still possible) but Acanthurus and Zebrasoma tangs often cause this sort of damage.

jay

OP
OP
N

Nathan Fx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any other tangs in with it, or just the tomini? These spots could be tang scalpel swipes....those often have raised edges like these do. I normally would not suspect a tomini of doing this (still possible) but Acanthurus and Zebrasoma tangs often cause this sort of damage.

jay
Hello Jay thanks for your reply.

The tomini is the only tang in the tank and never saw an agression against another fish. Plus the tang and foxface are the best buddies ever.
The damsel fish is territorial but not fighting at all. The only inhabitant that I suspect is coral banded. Im only accusing the shrimp because of his claws.

Thanks again

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jay thanks for your reply.

The tomini is the only tang in the tank and never saw an agression against another fish. Plus the tang and foxface are the best buddies ever.
The damsel fish is territorial but not fighting at all. The only inhabitant that I suspect is coral banded. Im only accusing the shrimp because of his claws.

Thanks again
I doubt that. If anything they would grab the fins of a foxface. Your fox is way to big for a cb shrimp

OP
OP
N

Nathan Fx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt that. If anything they would grab the fins of a foxface. Your fox is way to big for a cb shrimp
I’m agreeing with you, he probably hit a rock or something in the tank. I’m not so concerned if it’s only injured. He look healthy.
Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like an injury or area where an absess may have developed and openedup which they are susceptible to.
Follow Jay's recommendation. If it worsens , seachem Kanaplex in a quarantine setting would be my choice of treatment

OP
OP
N

Nathan Fx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an injury or area where an absess may have developed and openedup which they are susceptible to.
Follow Jay's recommendation. If it worsens , seachem Kanaplex in a quarantine setting would be my choice of treatment
Thanks!

OP
OP
N

Nathan Fx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,
Quick update after one week the foxface is not completly healed but in a better shape, no infection sign still feeding alot.

Thanks again

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back