Two new fluval evo 13.5 tanks! What should I put in them?

Trhodes92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!
I just bought two new fluval evo 13.5 gallon tanks! I am basically new to saltwater but I have been in the tropical fish hobby for a few years now. I set them up with live rock (from lfs), live sand (Carib-sea) and premixed saltwater (imagitarium). I currently don’t have anything in either and will be cycling them before I put anything in them. I would like to have different fish in both. With freshwater everything seems pretty straightforward with stocking but it seems saltwater has many different opinions. Here are some fish I have picked out and I was wondering what the best combinations could be for each tank.

•Possum Wrasse
•Clown fish pair
•Purple firefish
•Yellow Clown Goby
•Tailspot Blenny
•Yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp duo
•Yellow
•Pom Pom crab

I’m also not sure what I will need for a clean up crew invertebrate-wise. So any suggestions would be great! I would also like to eventually have maybe some zoas and hammers as well. Thank you guys!

41A95D1F-D6AC-4B18-8674-8B4F837E77AC.jpeg 480DCB62-3DF7-4D31-BDC9-2E12DCB86000.jpeg

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks amazing! What type of light are you using?
Thank You @TheSaltyNurse.
Im currently running a NiCrew Hyper Reef 30watt with their controller. All corals, LPS, SPS & softies seem to be doing good under it. SPS growth is a little slow but it is happening.
I run the blues at 100% from 5:30 am till 8:00 pm and the whites at 65% from 10:15am till 3:15pm. I had to play around with the settings to find just the right lighting to keep everything happy in there.
Again, Thank You! :cool:

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 111 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back