OP
OP
EddieJ

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck I’m done with trying green chromis. I’ve ordered 6 now and down to zero. How are they classified as hardy beginner fish. I’ve never had problems with fish until I tried these silly fish. Each with the same fate.

I had 3 for like 5-6 years.. Guess I was just dang lucky .. Was hoping for a small group for this new tank , but it looks like there will be just a couple when all is said and done..

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 2/5 very quickly to uronema. The remaining 3 i did fresh water dips between tank transfers while dosing MetroPlex. The remaining 3 made it through QT and have been healthy since. Good luck!

OP
OP
EddieJ

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 2/5 very quickly to uronema. The remaining 3 i did fresh water dips between tank transfers while dosing MetroPlex. The remaining 3 made it through QT and have been healthy since. Good luck!

That's the plan I am following.. I am sure they will kill each other off down the road when healthy o_O Lots of gambles in this hobby... I had a clownfish kill a 250 dollar wrasse in a 210 gallon tank! The clown actually left his anemone and went hunting for the wrasse. Crazy killer clownfish! that I had for 10 years and never bothered any of his tank mates.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

^^ This is great advice. By moving the fish from tank to tank, you are moving them out of their diseased environment. Eventually parasite levels should be low enough for metro to completely eliminate what's left.

OP
OP
EddieJ

EddieJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
026D70EE-A685-427E-B231-4B4060D858EF.jpeg

Well, looks like 3 made it .. 31st day in QT and I think the TTM and MetroPlex knocked out the Uronema.. They are all healthy , active and eating like champs !

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back