Two questions: putting back portions sand bed which got removed during cyano outbreak.. and which webcam?

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Friday all...

(1) I have been dealing and have mostly beat a nasty outbreak of cyano. I'll post a whole thread about that later but while vacuuming it out of my tank I did remove some of my sand bed... I was very careful and used a plastic fork to roll it up into piles on my sand bed but, you know, some of my sand got vacuumed out too while I got the piles out. I have a bucket of sand which is identical to my current sand - I am looking to replace the sand which was removed. Can I just add it all at once? Should I put it mostly in one areas and let "nature" spread it out? Should I dispurse lightly over the whole bed? I know so many questions... just wondering if there is a best practice method here.

(2) What webcam is recommended for viewing tanks remotely? My current Blink cam got the job done for a few months but it gets overwhelmed by the lights.. I want something which can handle the lights (two LED back boxes hanging 11" off the water) and the video looks pretty natural. I'd love to keep it under or at $100.

Thanks everyone and have a super weekend!!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the sand where its needed. Not that it will stay there but worth a try.
Dont know nothin about those fancy web cams.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back