Two smithiis in a 75 gallon?

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have one in the 75 that my peacock was in (unexpectedly died) and I’m at the aquarium store and there’s another the exact same size as mine :D (Attached pic is mine in part of the rocks)

id love to try putting another with him/her and I figured 75 gallons is more than enough room! It’s not a standard glass aquarium. Someone built it so that three sides are glass and the back and bottom are heavily painted wood like the custom stand. Older pic also attached of said tank before more rocks were added

CB840E14-1627-4122-A1FB-73E1AA39119B.jpeg 5A69F92A-CD47-47D4-8589-635B10F1FE57.jpeg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

DapperCuttlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the wild their territories are rather large. If your tank was longer rather than taller, maybe. I have not personally tried putting multiples together yet. If you really want to, you could put them together and see. But have another tank on standby. Recorded interactions show that they attack each other’s tails. So you’ll have some time before they do some major damage to each other. And put their dens on the far side from each other. Of course they are going to do what they are going to do. Any chance you know the sex of yours and the one in the shop?

OP
OP
Hadla

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I don’t know the sex of either… but most mantises come in as hitchhikers on live rock with more than one in each piece so I thought maybe it would be fine. I don’t have the extra $50 to get him anyway.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back