Two Spot Goby owners, what do you feed yours? How do you feed yours?

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that the Two Spot Goby gets its food mostly from filter feeding and they’re notoriously considered picky eaters. I’ve read some make attempts to spot feed them but it’s difficult. Curious what others are feeding theirs and how are you feeding it? I’ve been feeding my fish twice a day now, instead of once a day in hopes more food falls to the bottom. My nitrates are non-existent, so a little increase in nitrates shouldn’t be a problem for my tank. Any who, talk to me Two Spot Goby owners.

PS - My first choice was a orange marked goby but they’re sold out on every website I’ve gone to for that last 2 weeks. My second choice (Two Spot Goby) is mighty fun to watch though.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never had one, but I think Randy from BRS had a video on those.. and was feeding them.. but I believe he ulitmately got rid of them (or they died).. I cant remember.. but he said something to the effect.. that they were a pain (because of their requirements). .good luck!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never had one, but I think Randy from BRS had a video on those.. and was feeding them.. but I believe he ulitmately got rid of them (or they died).. I cant remember.. but he said something to the effect.. that they were a pain (because of their requirements). .good luck!
Oh wow! That’s something. I’ll try my best but I guess there’s some fish that should stay in the sea. Lol! This may be one of them. Ugh…
I hope he makes it but if not I’ll continue my hunt for the Orange crosshatch/marked goby. It’s ever elusive.

Upvote 0

jmanrow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that the Two Spot Goby gets its food mostly from filter feeding and they’re notoriously considered picky eaters. I’ve read some make attempts to spot feed them but it’s difficult. Curious what others are feeding theirs and how are you feeding it? I’ve been feeding my fish twice a day now, instead of once a day in hopes more food falls to the bottom. My nitrates are non-existent, so a little increase in nitrates shouldn’t be a problem for my tank. Any who, talk to me Two Spot Goby owners.

PS - My first choice was a orange marked goby but they’re sold out on every website I’ve gone to for that last 2 weeks. My second choice (Two Spot Goby) is mighty fun to watch though.
Yes, two spot gobies are filter feeders, and will benefit from a live sand bed. Be sure it is fine enough that they can sift food from it.

Upvote 0

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Years ago I got them to eat by cutting off the pumps and putting roe on the sand bed. They were in a macro tank with a fine sand bed and other slow small eaters though. I imagine boisterous tank mates would just take their food.

I think this is probably one of those fish that does best in a special species type tank.

Upvote 0

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spread some reefroids in the sand with a syringe. He gobbles it up. Also pellets and sometimes he'll grab some Mysis.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back