Two Xr30 vs One Xr30 and 2 Xr 15? Lighting help for a 48 Inch peninsula tank

WarmSensations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am thinking about getting back into the hobby and going bigger. I have my eye on the waterbox 4820 peninsula tank which is 48 x 20 x 22 (H). I have a leftover xr30 gen 4 pro and I am debating on whether or not I should have two xr30s spaced out above the tank (according to a brs vid it should be 22" apart or 13" away from the edge for each light). Or should I have the one XR30 in the middle of the tank and then add two xr15s, one on each side of the xr30. I plan on using a diffuser either way so I'd appreciate some feedback.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 59" Red Sea I have two XR30 G5s on either end and a single XR15 G5 in the center. Depending on what kind of corals (soft, LPS, SPS) you're going to predominantly have in your tank and how close you're going to run them to the immediate sides, either scenario should work. In my setup I have almost exclusively soft corals on either edge which works out as the XR30s don't illuminate as much as I'd need if there were SPS present.

OP
OP
W

WarmSensations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would most likely be lps dominant. Not super sure yet but I’m thinking either an anemone tank with a Clownfish harem or a bunch of euphyllia with some other mixed stuff. I do want a clam too

OP
OP
W

WarmSensations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would most likely be lps dominant. Not super sure yet but I’m thinking either an anemone tank with a Clownfish harem or a bunch of euphyllia with some other mixed stuff. I do want a clam too

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back