Two Year 29 Gallon Biocube HQI Transformation

Morbidaarvark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like any good tank it started with a old fashion cycle but used pure ammonia from the dollar store since I was a high school kid on a budget.
IMG_1568.jpg

Next I decided to test the waters with a cheap damsel before I spent all of my hard earned money on fish, and as you can tell I dealt with my first round of cyanobacteria.
IMG_1666.jpg

The damsel did good so after a month or two I decided to try something a bit more challenging and that I would like to stare at more clown fish(just your basic petco ones)!
IMG_0722.jpg

After about a year of just the clown fish I picked up a mars aqua and ro system for $30 I also made a diy auto top off, so I felt ready to take on the world of coral and two new fish a coral beauty and neon dottyback but with them came ich.
IMG_1486.jpg

I picked up some basic starter coals like zoas, frog spawn, montipora, mushrooms, and trumpets. This went good!
IMG_1487.jpg

Then I lost all of my fish to ich or marine velvet, not sure but now running fallow for 80 days, but before that I picked up a handful of new corals!
IMG_1692.jpg
IMG_1693.jpg

So as of now I'm still waiting for it to run through the 80 days of fallow. But since then I picked up a tank for my dorm room that has come together great so far, let me know if you guys want to see that!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as of now I'm still waiting for it to run through the 80 days of fallow. But since then I picked up a tank for my dorm room that has come together great so far, let me know if you guys want to see that!

Why wouldn't we? BTW, sorry for your fish losses, but the tank is starting to get good looking with those corals.

BTW, welcome to R2R!
Welcome 1.jpg

OP
OP
Morbidaarvark

Morbidaarvark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why wouldn't we? BTW, sorry for your fish losses, but the tank is starting to get good looking with those corals.

BTW, welcome to R2R!
Welcome 1.jpg
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll have to get some photos of the dorm tank and my other surprise projects I'm working on!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back