TwzteD's New 60 gallon Breeder Build

TwzteD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a New 60 breeder, No real sales on them since they are brand new but I was able to combine a few promo codes online to get 25$ off of it. Using a 20Long as a sump and got a eBay sump kit coming. Got a Modular marine 800gph Overflow coming and some other stuff. Started on the stand and the frame is done. Not 100% finished yet going for a modern ADA style, with a large single sliding door on the front that will open to reveal the whole inside for easy access. Stand will hide overflow and piping behind tank and will also add a canopy that will hide the trim on the tank on top and bottom. Similar looking to the red sea,IM Jbj style stands etc unsure of lights, don't want to go broke, would 2 ai primes work for softies? Also what size return bulkheads would work best? Over flow has 3 1/2in drains 1 being emergency overflow so essentially a 1 inch total drain. Would two 3/4 orr two 1/2 returns be best? I Ordered two Sicce 1.5 return pumps. If anyone is in my area that would like to offer advice I'd appreciate it and will need a connection for corals in the future. Thanks in advance for any and all help now and in the future. Going to build a nice NSA aquascape.

PXL_20220124_234701208.jpg PXL_20220125_000824816.jpg

Last edited:

Conchman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching this one, outside of making a stand, this is one of the ways I am thinking on going with my next build. Not sure of the exact bulkhead size, but I am going to run dual returns, 3/4". For softies, pretty sure the AI Primes will be fine, I will be running 2 XR15 Eco's (mostly SPS)...good luck...

Trever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TwzteD do you know if they make one of their Imagitarium stands for this tank? I haven't seen that stand for their 75 gallon (do they make it?), and apparently this 60 gallon breeder has the same foot print.

OP
OP
T

TwzteD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PetSmart does sell 55/75 stands I personally wouldn't buy one since they are not super high quality but they do have them.

OP
OP
T

TwzteD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have been procrastinating and researching, was about to pull the trigger on a 40 breeder when I just happened to see this on Petco's website, they didn't have any in the store until a week or two later, I'm glad I waited. 1 foot is a pretty big difference, perfect for the Nsa aquascape i have in mind.

OP
OP
T

TwzteD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the dimensions alot of the tank. Waiting on my Overflow and some other parts before I drill the tank. Got to fill screw holes and coat the entire stand with resin, then sand prime and paint it. Going to be light gray color. Going with a frosted background on this build instead of black for a super clean light colored look. Ended up going with the modular marine 1200gph overflow instead of the 800.

iannarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we drill this tank?
The 75g is only tempered on the bottom. I can't imagine they'd use tempered on the sides of a shallower tank. Attaching the PDF from their website, it hasn't been updated with info for the 60 breeder.

Attachments

• AqueonCriticalDimensions-pdf.pdf
    30.5 KB · Views: 154

iannarelli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the dimensions alot of the tank. Waiting on my Overflow and some other parts before I drill the tank. Got to fill screw holes and coat the entire stand with resin, then sand prime and paint it. Going to be light gray color. Going with a frosted background on this build instead of black for a super clean light colored look. Ended up going with the modular marine 1200gph overflow instead of the 800.
Following this build! I'm planning a 60 breeder peninsula build in the upcoming months. Also considering the MM overflow. Best of luck!

OP
OP
T

TwzteD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top is primed, I think it looks awesome white but my house is coastal colors so a light gray is the color it will be to match my furniture.

Attachments

• PXL_20220214_201151626.jpg
    PXL_20220214_201151626.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 713
Back