U.S. Senators and Representatives recommending a ban on the international trade of wildlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This petition has been out for a few weeks now, pretty since the day the letter was published. As of right now I have seen no negative effect for this industry. Australia and Vietnam shipments have both landed this week. Tonga was supposed to, but I haven't heard anything about them just yet. Tonga was the first to stop shipping orders as well.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I signed the letter

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0A38F736-F0D7-400C-8DB9-E937A8F642D6.gif

grant k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t these people realize that wildlife also plays a lot of crucial roles for non-ornamental / pet purposes?
You have to realize this is coming from animal rights organizations such as PETA and HSUS-(Humane Society of US). They are constantly pressuring/scaring politicians into these types of bans because they feel ANY animal held captive is slavery. PETA believes there should be no interaction between a human and non-human animal. They are now doing it under the guise of preventing the next pandemic, but of course there’s no scientific merit to this. It is a reckless statement on their part since by extension, all animals would pose a threat to your health. What’s the difference between an imported animal and any animal that crawls, flies or walks thru your yard. If people are made to believe this then they will want to destroy EVERY animal to prevent zoonotic disease transmission. These animal rights groups are a constant threat to our hobby, not just importation bans but constant lobbying to do away with our ability to enjoy what we love. Please encourage anyone you know to NEVER give money to these hypocrites-PETA kills animals every day in their ‘shelters’.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were the president I’d declare PETA and HSUS a national security threat (which aside from our hobby I also feel is legit) and I would deal with them Putin style. Not kidding. Eavesdrop, track down their leaders, infiltrate their organization structure, and.... divide and conquer (what I really want to say is take out their key leaders one by one). They’re cults.

Last edited:

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have signed this letter

kangadrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope I'm not too late, but signed.

For those of you that are proud of yourselves for not signing - remember that allowing the government to ban one thing just because a small subset of the population doesn't agree with it is a VERY slippery slope. This hobby, and every hobby involving animals for that matter, is much stronger unified instead of divided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back