Ugly stage??

Rafaelpadro24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221109_071338.jpg

Ok I think this is part of the ugly stage. 4 weeks ago had the brown diatoms and it cleaned up. Now noticed this starting to cover the top of rocks and sand. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my Foxface and Yellow eyed Kole Tang to come out of quarantine (2 more weeks) to help controling algea growth. Any feedback on how I am progressing or what I should do. Bellow are the tank parameters. Thanks for your feedback.
Also forgot to mention 3 weeks ago I seeded my tank with Purple and Pink Hellix coraline algae and this past weekend I started my refigium with live sand and chaeto.
Screenshot_20221116_082514.jpg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add fish and easy corals and some quality maricultured or wild live rock as it looks like you cycled your tank with either dry rock or rock that just had basic bacteria cultres added. Here's a couple links:

Here's some links by scientists studying reef ecosystems you might find informative:

"Coral Reefs in the Microbial Seas" This video compliments Rohwer's book of the same title (Paper back is ~$20, Kindle is ~$10), both deal with the conflicting roles of the different types of DOC in reef ecosystems. While there is overlap bewteen his book and the video both have information not covered by the other and together give a broader view of the complex relationships found in reef ecosystems

Changing Seas - Mysterious Microbes

Microbial view of Coral Decline

Nitrogen cycling in hte coral holobiont

BActeria and Sponges

Maintenance of Coral Reef Health (refferences at the end)

Optical Feedback Loop in Colorful Coral Bleaching

DNA Sequencing and the Reef Tank Microbiome

Richard Ross What's up with phosphate"

OP
OP
R

Rafaelpadro24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback, currently I have 2 bloodorange clownfish, 2 gladiator clownfish, 2 fire gobies,1 violet dotyback, 2 bangai cardinal fish, 2 bubble tip anemone, 2 bloodred shrimp, varios snails and hermits.

lg_91881_Blood_Orange_Clownfish_0207141_070a.jpg lg_71133_Firefish.jpg rsz_cardinal-banggai.jpg orchid-dottyback-1.jpg lg_102081_Gladiator_Clownfish_0209171_104.jpg
images (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Back