Uknown illness

McrRedBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I need advice on identifying a mysterious illness.

The tank is 205l and has 2 osc. clowns, 2 chromis and 1 sunburst butterflyfish. The parameters are 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate ph 8.0 temp 26°c. Fish only tank. Ive had tropical and marine fish for 14years but this tank was set up in October.

For background information, despite quarantining fish, there was an outbreak of ich in late January with I treated the tank with copper.
Also, i introduced a yellow tang (which I did not quarantine due to the lack of a large enough q.t tank) about 3 weeks ago. After I introduced it I did not see it eat once in the tank and sadly died 3days later. The parameters were fine at the time so I reckoned it was stressed and never settled.

A few days after the death of the tang my largest chromis (out of 3) began shaking badly (I have a video but the website doesn't seem to allow me to upload). I saw it flick itself once on the filter pipe but I never saw any white dots. It died just after a week of first signs of problems. It died overnight and i saw it in the morning. I have enclosed a pic. The other two chromis also soon began looking lethargic, hide in the shaded corner and seem to swim vertical nose-up. Yesterday I have also noticed white dots (similar to dry flaked skin on a person). There are no dots on the fins or on any other fish. They don't look like ich I've saw in the past. No fish is flicking. Is it flukes? Or something else? The problems seem to stem from the yellow tang. What treatment should I use?

Best Regards

20200630_202322.jpg 20200708_214430.jpg 20200708_214604.jpg

OP
OP
M

McrRedBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*The white dots I described are on the sunburst butterflyfish. See top-right of fish above the eye.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back