Ultra Zero vs Syncra 4.0 at 6ft headloss?

ihateSpirorbids

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I've been doing bucket water changes but would like to avoid doing that now. I'm looking to use a pump to pump water from the bucket to the tank, which is about 6 ft tall.

I've looked at the Sicce Ultra Zero (793 GPH), which looks promising, and also the Sicce Syncra 4.0 (951 GPH). However I'm aware there is some headloss when pumping vertically.

I'm looking for something that will pump fast, so I was wondering how fast the Ultra Zero would pump vs the Syncra 4.0 at 6 ft?

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump curves for Ultra Zero have approx 1300 lph at 1.8 meters which is 343 gph at 6 ft. The Syncra 4.0 provides approx 2300 lph at same height which is 607 gph. This is only height any turns, narrower pipe than outlet, etc will add to head loss.

However, the Ultra Zero is cheaper and it's going to be easier to use if dump into a tank to move water rather than connecting to installed piping (which the Syncra would be better for).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back