Unacceptable and officially fed up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So finally after almost 5 months of BS, working on this reefbot, waiting on them to reply to issues, getting the wrong parts, etc... I get a response this morning...

Hady Osailly writes
Hello Dale, I see you have been going through a lot of issues and still are. Please do not fix anything anymore. Apologies for everything you've been through. I will be sending you a replacement reefbot

I almost fainted. I guess we will see if they follow thru, and more importantly what kind of shape their new units are in. I know enough about this product by now, I’ll be able to tell if it’s new and how it’s working fairly quickly.
Update?

OP
OP
ddaddy2420

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
So they finally sent me a new one in December. Used it for 1.5 months and it’s already failing to return results. It’s actually worked great for 1 month, but I was waiting for the ball to drop and so it has. The difference this time is I’m not about to go thru this BS again. Gonna turn it off and pack it up.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So they finally sent me a new one in December. Used it for 1.5 months and it’s already failing to return results. It’s actually worked great for 1 month, but I was waiting for the ball to drop and so it has. The difference this time is I’m not about to go thru this BS again. Gonna turn it off and pack it up.
Just giving up or trying to get your money back? I think it’s a lost cause, what a huge waste of money for everyone involved that these folks perpetuated even after they must have known of the incredibly poor reliability. They won’t even respond to any of my emails now. Shameful. The powers that be here only care about their income, they won’t do anything to help us either.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
So finally after almost 5 months of BS, working on this reefbot, waiting on them to reply to issues, getting the wrong parts, etc... I get a response this morning...

Hady Osailly writes
Hello Dale, I see you have been going through a lot of issues and still are. Please do not fix anything anymore. Apologies for everything you've been through. I will be sending you a replacement reefbot

I almost fainted. I guess we will see if they follow thru, and more importantly what kind of shape their new units are in. I know enough about this product by now, I’ll be able to tell if it’s new and how it’s working fairly quickly.
So I'm curious, did you ever get your replacement unit?

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
I had very similar experiences as others. Bought a unit early on, worked well for 1 year (ignoring the need to flash the memory card every few month because software getting corrupted).

Then the arm that moves the syringe failed. And they sent me a new reefbot. Motors did not work as expected. They sent me new chips. They were the wrong ones. COVID hit and I let the unit just sit for a year because I took a break from the hobby.

I reached out to them again a few months back, and to their credit (since 1 year had gone by), they sent me new chip but wrong again. I think they have some type of support agreement with ELOS America based on shipping address. So finally they sent me the correct chips from Lebanon.

Unit has been running since then but very inconsistent results. Always the same results. I don’t have the energy and time to work with their support at this point.

I will not recommend the unit to anyone. I don’t know if v2 is any good but both my units were v1.

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
I believed in this product so much that I bought one for each of my tanks in Dec 2019. They worked great for about a month and then started giving me inaccurate results, repeatedly went offline (even though one unit was connected via Ethernet), bent needles, testing chamber overflowing, inaccurate waste and rodi volumes, faulty accurators that had to be replaced. The list goes on and on. Total waste of money. I should have just held out for the mastertronic.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back