PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update pics...
R.I.P.
Unfortunately that last shot was the best it ever looked. Never really opened up fully. I worked with WWC to move it up, down, more flow, less flow etc and it just faded away. I have several other torches that all do great. Maybe cause it was “the last frag” it just wasn’t in tip top shape? They don’t have frags of that torch often, but when they are back I am hopefull @WWC are going to help me out with another try. Sigh, by far the most I’ve spent on a coral. Really disappointing.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
R.I.P.
Unfortunately that last shot was the best it ever looked. Never really opened up fully. I worked with WWC to move it up, down, more flow, less flow etc and it just faded away. I have several other torches that all do great. Maybe cause it was “the last frag” it just wasn’t in tip top shape? They don’t have frags of that torch often, but when they are back I am hopefull @WWC are going to help me out with another try. Sigh, by far the most I’ve spent on a coral. Really disappointing.

Sorry for your loss. They are beautiful corals!

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever dip it? Bayer etc?

I loat a black torch before I know there was a flatworm that attacked them. I couldn’t see them on the surface but when I started seeing my gold torch fade I had to research and found they can indeed be eaten/irritated by pests. A simple bayer dip revealed several white flatworms in the container after only a few minutes. One of my three now is coming back. The others may need a dip as well.

Best of luck. That was a nice specimen. I would love one myself.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back