uncleanable streak inside of glass

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A streak developed on its own which appears to be in the middle of the glass (not the outside or inside). I tried cleaning it with a magic eraser. I drained it a bit and tried vinegar. Nothing works. Tank is an SCA and I posted in the SCA FB group. Others chimed in with the same issue. Has anyone encountered this and know of a fix?

1663959772957.png

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A streak developed on its own which appears to be in the middle of the glass (not the outside or inside). I tried cleaning it with a magic eraser. I drained it a bit and tried vinegar. Nothing works. Tank is an SCA and I posted in the SCA FB group. Others chimed in with the same issue. Has anyone encountered this and know of a fix?

1663959772957.png
Looks like an abrasion on the surface, right?

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the exact same thing on mine that developed on its own, it's in the glass, mines not nearly as long and off to the side so it's not visible unless I'm close to the tank and cleaning the glass looking at different angles. The only solution is to replace the glass.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like an abrasion but inside of the glass. You can't get to it from the inside or outside.
If its in between panes itll need replacing. Had the issue on a tank from a large manufacturer (common) and it never went away. This was more of a fog i guess tho

Back