Uncured live rock in sump or in tank?

FangsAndGames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I gotta question to run past y’all. So I’m in the process of putting together a shopping list for a tank. I’ve made up my mind on adding a sump (a 10 gallon aquarium). I also want to run a predominately (or completely) biological/refugium filtration setup. However, I now have a decision point. I want to add kp aquatics uncured rock to my tank to speed up cycling and help with other things. However I can’t really do the aquascape I want with the rock (like chiseling it into pieces and setting up a NSA) without sacrificing some of the benefits. I’d rather use dry rock to setup my aquascape and add 1 or 2 pieces of uncured rock to the fuge. What should I do? I want to grow macro in the fuge as well and possibly a skimmer and a resign filter sock in the later chambers.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I gotta question to run past y’all. So I’m in the process of putting together a shopping list for a tank. I’ve made up my mind on adding a sump (a 10 gallon aquarium). I also want to run a predominately (or completely) biological/refugium filtration setup. However, I now have a decision point. I want to add kp aquatics uncured rock to my tank to speed up cycling and help with other things. However I can’t really do the aquascape I want with the rock (like chiseling it into pieces and setting up a NSA) without sacrificing some of the benefits. I’d rather use dry rock to setup my aquascape and add 1 or 2 pieces of uncured rock to the fuge. What should I do? I want to grow macro in the fuge as well and possibly a skimmer and a resign filter sock in the later chambers.
I have my chaeto growing in the top 3 inches of water, on top of live rock.

Attachments

• Fuge8a.jpg
    Fuge8a.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 31

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back