Undecided

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in about 3 months I will be in new home and ready to buy everything to do new setup. My previous was a 280 gallon display with Orphek lighting. I sold everything so it will be from scratch. I am downsize so it will be a 3 or 4 ft tank. I thought about Noopsyche and using one K7 per foot of tank and using the T5 hybrid. I keep reading and some people seem very happy and others not so happy. Seems biggest complaint is controller. I have found a number of post where people stopped using them and either went back to their old lights or purchased new ones. I like the lower price but don't want to give up reliability and customer service to save a couple hundred dollars. I also don't want to have to over pay every time there is an upgrade. Is there anyone that can give an unbiased comparison of the K7Pro2 against the Red Sea Reefled 90?

OP
OP
Bruce Burnett

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you if your concern is reliability and customer service you are not giving those up. We have lots of people very happy with the lights.
I can tell you if your concern is reliability and customer service you are not giving those up. We have lots of people very happy with the lights.
When I purchased my Orphek I did that knowing people questioned the service. That was almost 8 years ago. I had only seen one before even older version than mine. I had ver2.1b, they could definitely grow coral fast. They have always had a good web site. The Noopsyche USA web site lacks a lot of detail like dimensions, ramp features ect. How many K7 will it hold. What are the dimensions of the K7. If you have the hybrid do you need the controller to program the lights? How do the K7 compare to the Red Sea for coral color and shimmer? Is figuring 1 k7 per ft of tank about right for SPS? I had more questions but found answers between the web site and another sellers web site. Currently only Noopsyche and Red Sea fit in my budget. I assume Dana Riddle is still using them?

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
K7 dimensions is 185mm×120mm×37mm, 36" hybrid can hold 4 unit of K7, using 39W t5, it can use on 36" and 48" tank. 48" hybrid can hold 5 unit of K7, using 54W t5, it can use on 48" and 60" tank. You dont need to buy hanging wire and controller if you have hybrid, it controller have the same function as K7 controller. P1802 can fit K7, AI26, AI52, XR30, XR15, AP700.
1579051036744.png

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 155 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.6%
Back