Understanding Vibrant: Algaefix, Polixetonium Chloride / Busan 77

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I want to try some of that vibrant..

20220606_183313.png

oh lord I GOTTA do a gif off this scene!

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a quote from an earlier poster, I’m saying that the method may be wrong regardless of the result, do you make this kind of assumptions at work also?
I really hope your trolling at this point. The scientific integrity of this thread is light years ahead of your nitrogen/phosphate/carbon ratio experiments.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope your trolling at this point. The scientific integrity of this thread is light years ahead of your nitrogen/phosphate/carbon ratio experiments.
Don’t confuse trolling with people asking me questions or to explain my rationale.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not annoying just putting the facts out there, allegedly there is one product that may not contain what it says, does that mean that the other allegedly will contain what it says also? Does two wrongs makes a right?
My concern is that it’s assumed that a product is correct and used for reference instead of using the raw materials as a reference, if it only contains busan 77 should of been a clean match although the reference we got it’s from this cropped picture from this china site, that to me raises concern. If you were bothered in examining the content I wouldn’t have to be annoying.
if a scientist in randy’s company was to assume something like this, it would of have been shown the door straight away, I would imagine.

Do you call that a good research? independently of the results?

I do not see a concern here. There’s no plausible explanation for the results except that Vibrant is not what it claims and is, in fact, an algaecide polymer.

The reverse conclusion is absurd in the extreme. That Algaefix is not actually the commercial algaecide that it claims and that analytical tests support, but is instead a secret formula of heterotrophic bacteria just like Vibrant claims. The remarkable thing is they not only developed the same bacteria, lied about it to the epa and to customers, but we’re even able to get the NMR to look nothing like bacteria and to look exactly like the polymer they lie about it containing. They are some smart dudes!!!!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO you say the chart was available. Randy says there is not one available. Which is correct?

He is not claiming it is out there. He is sarcastically indicating correctly that Algaefix is an equally good sample to get an ir of as is some other source of this polymer that could just as readily have the wrong material in the bottle. Since taricha has that data, he has the data for one source of the polymer.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there going to be a test on this later? I feel like I may be a little behind.

Yes.
It’s called “Name that algaecide”.

you get the NMR, the FTIR, and a pencil.

You have 90 seconds.

Go!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I qualify for extra time if the last few pages of this thread gave me an aneurism? Ha

Special needs individuals will get extra time. lol

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sixty keeps saying the data doesn’t match, which is an erroneous interpretation. It’s identical, both NMR and IR.

At this point, the only way Vibrant and Algaefix are not the same compound is if JDA and Taricha falsified the data. Moreover, unless they falsified the data, it is very clear that Vibrant does not have any of the other ingredients listed on its label either, based on the NMR data. It’s too clean to have anything else.
I believe he is taking about the bacterial data and the NMR DATA. I haven't asked him. I believe - he has see issues with some of the underlying experiments. However. - to me the NMR is the gold standard - I'm assuming those samples were appropriately collected etc.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's ask how much of this thread I read and followed since the start. Stating a fact that someone obviously chose to ignore is in line I believe, especially when that person continues on 4 pages of ignorance. I didn't take part in this conversation because I don't know anything but what I've learned here on the topic.

Cheers bro. Get mad
I'm not mad - at all - its a discussion board - And - FWIW - the pointe Sixty brought up - probably helped a lot of people understand the underlying conditions. Anyone shoudl be able to say anything they want even if stupid - like I do all the time - as long as it does not violate TOS This is just my opinion,, Sixty asked questions - that I had not seen answered before - though non of them changed my underlying opinion. Discussion board. If the case is closed - the thread should be closed - OR?

EDIT - I was not saying Sixty's question were stupid

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back