Underwater camera that works with Neptune fusion?

GrumpyGuy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a camera that works in the water that can be affixed (assuming via suction cup) to one of the walls. Camera would ideally connect directly to the Apex controller so I can view streaming video from the fusion dashboard. If no underwater cameras, how about one I can put on the outside of the tank and affix to the glass? I see Felix has an underwater camera that works with their platform; however there’s no details on it to know how it operates and if it would work with Neptune or something else. Believe it connects via USB, so would think a direct connect to apex would work. Idk. Any thoughts on what would work??

Last edited:

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a camera that works in the water that can be affixed (assuming via suction cup) to one of the walls. Camera would ideally connect directly to the Apex controller so I can view streaming video from the fusion dashboard. If no underwater cameras, how about one I can put on the outside of the tank and affix to the glass? I see Felix has an underwater camera that works with their platform; however there’s no details on it to know how it operates and if it would work with Neptune or something else. Believe it connects via USB, so would think a direct connect to apex would work. Idk. Any thoughts on what would work??
Yes, my old Logitech IP camera worked, but it was quite a bit of coding to get it to actually work. These days, most cameras don't allow IP connection because of security concerns. I would mostly ignore that option and instead invest in a security system that include a camera you can aim on your tank and access any time. I use SimpliSafe, but any modern security company could offer the same. The problem with the Apex system is that most modern routers and cameras don't just spit out an IP address, that's from a bygone era. You CAN make it work, but it takes a LOT of work, and in most cases, you'll have to continually update addresses and ports daily.

Bottom line, no, these days, you're probably not going to find a camera that would be easy to set up to show up on Apex. Sorry! Use your security company instead.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back