Undetectable Nutrients but still have hair algae

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or just get a fox face rabbitfish and it will be gone on days. My corals come with green algae on them ans within a day they are bone dry of it.
Would love to but 30 gallon dt says otherwise. I'm trying a lawmower blenny

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dose the whole system but watch your corals. 5ml per 10g daily. Or turn the flow off and with a syringe dose it into one section of ha each day then turn flow back on after a couple of minutes.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dose the whole system but watch your corals. 5ml per 10g daily. Or turn the flow off and with a syringe dose it into one section of ha each day then turn flow back on after a couple of minutes.

I saw 1mL per 10 gallons...

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Tristan

Tristan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had some hair algae soaking for 2 days now in 3% hydrogen peroxide but it has only turned a lighter shade of green. Not white

Michaelriccs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fought with my hair algae for a couple months snails, crabs, emerald crabs nothing work tried peroxide and vibrant still nothing. This weekend pulled all the rocks scrubbed them clean. What little is left my snails and sally light foot seem to be enjoying I know it sucks but sometimes you gotta do it. Plus now I enjoy looking at my tank so much more

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fought with my hair algae for a couple months snails, crabs, emerald crabs nothing work tried peroxide and vibrant still nothing. This weekend pulled all the rocks scrubbed them clean. What little is left my snails and sally light foot seem to be enjoying I know it sucks but sometimes you gotta do it. Plus now I enjoy looking at my tank so much more
And Count your blessings it's not bryopsis.

Michaelriccs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't believe it was looked exactly like Travis's. I believe it was you that brought up a low ph which may have been a contributing factor to mine. that's next on my list to watch and control more since I believe it is on the lower side. Only have the test strips for ph currently(newb)

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed... but mine looks like gha but is in fact bryopsis. There are many varieties and some of which look just like gha. Now there is something that kills both but still in the testing phases. I am one of those doing it. It works and is amazing. 99.9% are having complete success. No, it isn't Vibrant ;)

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't believe it was looked exactly like Travis's. I believe it was you that brought up a low ph which may have been a contributing factor to mine. that's next on my list to watch and control more since I believe it is on the lower side. Only have the test strips for ph currently(newb)
No sweat. If you keep up on water changes and have good air getting into the system you oft ok.

Michaelriccs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's weird because I feed like every three days and very minimal..also skim heavy and do water changes weekly..
A possibly might be since your clean up crew doesn't seem to be eating the algae do you think they could be dieing off slowly from starvation and be creating excess nutrients? Not really sure if that's how that works?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back