Undulate Triggerfish tankmates (Yes, I know what you're thinking)

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are way too expensive IMO. Tessellated eels are cheaper and more than capable of handling themselves.
IMG-0905.jpg

In a different tank, but I already got a dragon eel. I took that tank down since I was going to college.

Reefkeeper12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG-0905.jpg

In a different tank, but I already got a dragon eel. I took that tank down since I was going to college.
That thing is cool how much did that cost you, and can you even have any other fish with it? Lol

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him from a friend who was a wholesaler and he got 2 of them dirt cheap due to error, so he just gave me one for free. This was about 1.5 years ago.

I have a Blackfin McCosker Wrasse, Polynesica Pencil Wrasse, Splendid Pencil Wrasse, Yellow Tang, African Exquisite Fairy Wrasse, Cleaner Wrasse, Sunset Anthias, Ventralis Anthias, Earmuff Wrasse, Red Dragonet, Ruby Red Scooter, Moyeri Leopard Wrasse, Watanabei Angel, and Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse. All relatively small fish, he ignores them when he is well fed. Pretty lazy eel unless hungry, that's when he goes ULTRA aggro.

Reefkeeper12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him from a friend who was a wholesaler and he got 2 of them dirt cheap due to error, so he just gave me one for free. This was about 1.5 years ago.

I have a Blackfin McCosker Wrasse, Polynesica Pencil Wrasse, Splendid Pencil Wrasse, Yellow Tang, African Exquisite Fairy Wrasse, Cleaner Wrasse, Sunset Anthias, Ventralis Anthias, Earmuff Wrasse, Red Dragonet, Ruby Red Scooter, Moyeri Leopard Wrasse, Watanabei Angel, and Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse. All relatively small fish, he ignores them when he is well fed. Pretty lazy eel unless hungry, that's when he goes ULTRA aggro.
Lol so don’t ever let him go hungry! That’s still kind of sketchy but good to know, my snowflake is the same but not as capable as a dragon obviously. Dude dragons sell for $1000+ in Florida when you can find one. Can’t believe you got him free. If you ever need to pay rent just sell him lol.

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol so don’t ever let him go hungry! That’s still kind of sketchy but good to know, my snowflake is the same but not as capable as a dragon obviously. Dude dragons sell for $1000+ in Florida when you can find one. Can’t believe you got him free. If you ever need to pay rent just sell him lol.
He ate my Harli Tusk due to it being territorial and beating on the eel and my Candy Basslet because it liked to hide with the eel... I would never sell my eel lol that's my dream animal.

Reefkeeper12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He ate my Harli Tusk due to it being territorial and beating on the eel and my Candy Basslet because it liked to hide with the eel... I would never sell my eel lol that's my dream animal.
Wow the harli beat on the eel, so the eel ate him. What a beast. I had a harli I had to get rid of cause he ate small fish. Harli’s are tough when they get 6”+

Reefkeeper12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think blue ribbon moray eels are one of the prettiest, and they’re not as hard to find but it’s more rewarding if you can keep one alive cause they’re so difficult.

Reefkeeper12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like ribbons, had some in the past, but the dragon is the holy grail.
This is a classic example of how we all have different tastes, some people think shark tanks are the holy grail, some like aggressive fish tanks, some like reef tanks (like me), and some love eels like you. Lol. We all love different stuff. I like that eel but knowing what I know now, I don’t think I’d ever want one. Although I can totally appreciate why you fee l like the dragon is the best. I guess I’m not really an eel guy. I don’t even like my snowflake that much lol.

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a classic example of how we all have different tastes, some people think shark tanks are the holy grail, some like aggressive fish tanks, some like reef tanks (like me), and some love eels like you. Lol. We all love different stuff. I like that eel but knowing what I know now, I don’t think I’d ever want one. Although I can totally appreciate why you fee l like the dragon is the best. I guess I’m not really an eel guy. I don’t even like my snowflake that much lol.
Lol, in my tanks, EVERY tank needs an eel. It's just not the same without one.

I do like reef tanks very much, acros are mandatory as well for me, I can never keep a fowlr.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back