Uneven tank

bobbym2289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just setup a 125 gallon tank and after filling noticed it was 1/2” uneven. This slant prevents one of my overflows from getting any water. The tank is flat on the stand so I don’t think the tank is torquing at all. Any advice on what I should do would be appreciated. Thanks

OP
OP
B

bobbym2289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I just setup a 125 gallon tank and after filling noticed it was 1/2” uneven. This slant prevents one of my overflows from getting any water. The tank is flat on the stand so I don’t think the tank is torquing at all. Any advice on what I should do would be appreciated. Thanks
I checked the stand, floor and the tank and all are uneven by the same amount. Does the mean the floor is uneven and there’s no problem?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it sitting on carpet or tile? I would definitely try and see if you can shim under the stand in the area it’s leaning. Have you put a level on the tank?

OP
OP
B

bobbym2289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it sitting on carpet or tile? I would definitely try and see if you can shim under the stand in the area it’s leaning. Have you put a level on the tank?
It’s sitting on carpet. I put a level on the tank, carpet, and stand and they all seems to be the same. These pictures are from the top of the stand. You can see the difference of the water level.

Attachments

• 57B0D4C4-65A6-4BDA-9F9B-187A43C3A7E3.jpeg
    57B0D4C4-65A6-4BDA-9F9B-187A43C3A7E3.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 35DD7B27-BEE2-4D2B-8F85-8BB08B90BEFB.jpeg
    35DD7B27-BEE2-4D2B-8F85-8BB08B90BEFB.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 117

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would definitely drain the tank and try and level with plastic shims under the stand. Do not put shims under the tank. Once level fill half way and check level again. If still level fill tank fully and check again.

OP
OP
B

bobbym2289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely drain the tank and try and level with plastic shims under the stand. Do not put shims under the tank. Once level fill half way and check level again. If still level fill tank fully and check again.
I guess that’s what I have to do then. That blows.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
post a pic, no matter what you gotta drain that tank.
I’d get like a couple 1x2’s cut to 6ft and maybe paint them and place under the length of the stand, then shim those. You’ll get better weight distribution.

OP
OP
B

bobbym2289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
post a pic, no matter what you gotta drain that tank.
I’d get like a couple 1x2’s cut to 6ft and maybe paint them and place under the length of the stand, then shim those. You’ll get better weight distribution.
There are pics above of the top of the tank

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 125 gallon tank loaded with substrate, live rock and all that water is going to have some considerable weight.
If the floor is off level, you may just have a structural issue with your house. You may want to consider having someone come out and inspect your floor joists, foundation etc. before permanently setting up the tank.
Probably not what you wanted to hear but it’s a possibility and you’d be better off dealing with it sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
B

bobbym2289

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 125 gallon tank loaded with substrate, live rock and all that water is going to have some considerable weight.
If the floor is off level, you may just have a structural issue with your house. You may want to consider having someone come out and inspect your floor joists, foundation etc. before permanently setting up the tank.
Probably not what you wanted to hear but it’s a possibility and you’d be better off dealing with it sooner rather than later.
Who would I call for that?

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought, I put two posts in the crawl space right under the tank. Do you think it would be possible that one was tightened more than and making it taller therefore making the floor uneven above the posts?
That is very possible. Hopefully, it will be an easy fix for you. Please keep us all posted. ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back