Unidentified invert

Finallysalty80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My boys and I are new to the reef tank world and this forum. After years of wanting to cross over from fresh to salt I finally got the courage (with lots of help) to take the plunge. So happy to be here and hope to learn as much as we can from all of you guys and girls! My question is this....we are baby stepping with our 40g breeder and have a few chromis, a trumpet frag and brought home a few hermit crabs for a little cleanup today. We also brought some empty shells home and one of the shells (that we thought was empty) had this critter in it. Is this a type of bristle worm?? Whatever it is should I allow it to continue to live in our tank or should we "cast him out"? Currently we still have it quarantined, awaiting your guidance.. I really appreciate any help.

20210329_163315.jpg 20210329_163326.jpg

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworms. That one looks like a relatively good guy. Most people would throw them out because they are nasty looking, but I like them as crab food. You'll get one in your tank sooner or later though.

OP
OP
Finallysalty80

Finallysalty80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworms. That one looks like a relatively good guy. Most people would throw them out because they are nasty looking, but I like them as crab food. You'll get one in your tank sooner or later though.
Thank you!! Will he cause harm to coral as we introduce them? Right now just have one trumpet frag but I'd rather not lose my first coral lol. Do they aid in cleanup also?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.9%
Back