Unique livestock in 30 gallon (3feet)

Kengo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i wanted to know any fish that can live in a 30 gallon that’s 3 feet long that are unique and not basic. (Colorful and active in tank is better too)

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i wanted to know any fish that can live in a 30 gallon that’s 3 feet long that are unique and not basic. (Colorful and active in tank is better too)

For a 30 Long I would look at a Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse:

Possibly a Cherubfish aka Pygmy Angel

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy basslet
Splendid dottyback
Orchid dottyback
Orange stripe prawn goby

Orchid okay, but a bit of a gamble, definitely not any other kind of dottyback especially in a 30 gallon tank if he wants other fish.

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the Pygmy angel species.
Flameback
Multicolor
Cherub
Those are all really active and colorful fish. Downside is they can be iffy with LPS
As mentioned above some basslets would be cool. I personally would recommend the swissgaurd basslet.
You could also do a small predate tank.
Wartskin angler and fu Manchu lionfish are two that would be awesome in that tank size.
I also wouldn’t hesitate from considering smaller flasher and fairy wrasse species.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherubfish would be the best of the bunch the others are more nasty with temperament and more likely to nip at Corals.

burningbaal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so far I've got a bangaii cardinal, firefish and blue-green chromis in my 29 standard, not particularly unique, but some of the small fish I favor. I'm staying away from the sandsifting gobies because I'm hoping to have some sand-dwelling corals (favia, acan, brain, etc)

The others I'm thinking I might add are a royal gramma, longnose hawkfish, cleaner goby. so I guess that's food for thought for you.

If you're up for the $$ the helfrichi and exquisite firefish are definitely awesome, but they are many-fold the price of my normal firefish. Also, a fancy clown could be good. obviously a percula or ocellaris aren't special, but the onyx, snowflake, etc...definitely have their appeal.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back