United Kingdom R2R members I need your input!

chayes991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish we had more uk based things here like in the USA. I wish we had Reef-A-Palooza
Also you guys get all the crazy rock flower nems! Too jealous!

bradipo975uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a really big group of members and visitors that are from the UK and I'm wanting to tailor R2R more to fit your needs more! Would you help me by answering some questions?

1. Would you be interested in just seeing advertising ads from just sponsors in the UK and the ones that ship to the UK?

2. Would you be interested in just seeing threads, on the recent sponsors threads, from those sponsors who are in the UK or ship to the UK?

3. What are your favorite UK based reefing companies or companies that ship to the UK that you shop with?

Thank you!
1 yes it would be more appropriate to see local ads or from supplier that will deliver to uk as most ads are not relevant to the UK as they are not accessible
2 no threads from uk or overseas could be informative to anyone don't matter the country of origin
3 masterfisch.co.uk before Brexit now they don't deliver in uk one of my favourite shop is Aquatic Design Centre https://www.aquaticdesign.co.uk

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Charterhouse Aquatics, Swell UK, Complete Aquatics, H2O Aquatics (Lots of names with "Aquatics" now that I'm noticing)

Personally @revhtree I just want to say I'd love to see more of a UK presence. :D

I realize it's hard to be all things to all people, however as R2R grows and really becomes the most dominant message board it would be cool to have the site UI based on region. It could see your IP is UK based, and then serve you UK based ads and content. Not that all the content should be separate from the US users, but it is a bummer seeing a banner for killer deals on corals, or discount on LED lights, and then see it doesn't really apply to you.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a really big group of members and visitors that are from the UK and I'm wanting to tailor R2R more to fit your needs more! Would you help me by answering some questions?

1. Would you be interested in just seeing advertising ads from just sponsors in the UK and the ones that ship to the UK?

2. Would you be interested in just seeing threads, on the recent sponsors threads, from those sponsors who are in the UK or ship to the UK?

3. What are your favorite UK based reefing companies or companies that ship to the UK that you shop with?

Thank you!
1 - yes
2 - yes
3 - kraken corals, Charterhouse, Maidenhead aquatics, Leicester aquatics, Clearwater Aquatics

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this thread is over a year old and just barely hit two pages. :confused:

Did anything ever come of this @revhtree or was it an idea that never really got any traction?

JamesTh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bit late to replying! Only recently joined :)

1. I agree with other ppl seeing the US ads are good to know what’s coming here in a few months time. but happy to see a mixture of US and UK ads

2. As above

3. Charterhouse, krakencorals, AAC, and the coral centre for 90% of the stuff that I buy. The remaining 10% is either direct from manufacturer, Amazon, or my LFS.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back