Unknown growth

tlanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks I’m hoping someone can help me identify this strange growth in my tank. I’ve got a 75g tank about 4 months old. Only a few soft corals so far, a few chromis and a couple of clown fish. In the past week I’ve noticed this growth which looks like tiny bubbles beneath a transparent film like algae covering. Any idea what this is or whether it needs to be treated? It seems to be spreading in the past week. Any advice would be appreciated.

todda5914

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks I’m hoping someone can help me identify this strange growth in my tank. I’ve got a 75g tank about 4 months old. Only a few soft corals so far, a few chromis and a couple of clown fish. In the past week I’ve noticed this growth which looks like tiny bubbles beneath a transparent film like algae covering. Any idea what this is or whether it needs to be treated? It seems to be spreading in the past week. Any advice would be appreciated.

Likely to be bubble algae. Good to remove early since it spreads quickly. Don’t pop when you remove if you can, it helps to spread.

OP
OP
T

tlanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely to be bubble algae. Good to remove early since it spreads quickly. Don’t pop when you remove if you can, it helps to spread.

Any tips for removing it? Can I kill it with water changes and by lowering phosphates? I noticed last week my phosphate level rose

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but this app isn’t working properly and won’t access my camera.

As a heads up I find it best to use this site in the browser of any device. No app.

What you describe can be many things from the dreaded Dino’s to gas trapped in cyano. A clear picture and description of your tank, it’s age, inhabitants, and all water test results will get you an answer. Gl!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back