Unloading my fish and corals- Seminole County

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up my tank in the fall and the FL heat this week has been an issue. My office gets warm in the higher temps and with me working from home now the three computers and such are not helping. The room doesn't have the electrical amps needed to run everything and a chiller so my options are rewire for more amps or add a mini split and honestly dropping that much money for the tank to stay cool is a bit too much.

That being said, will likely soon be unloading all of my coral, fish, rock, food, additives, Protein Skimmer, etc if anyone is looking to stock up on stuff.

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to hear that. How big is the tank? Have you looked into maybe a fan blowing over the surface of the water to keep the temp down? It will cause a little more evaporation but it actually works well.

OP
OP
J

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is 130g. There is a ceiling fan running 24/7 in the room and an AC duct all within a foot of the tank. Already going through about 10g of RODI a week for evaporation.

I am just thinking more towards summer. The water changes weekly drop temps b/c the water is kept in the garage where it is cool, come summer that water is going to be near 90. If the tank inside is in the 70's, minimal impact with a 10% water change. House AC is set at 75 during the day but the office has been hitting 82-84 with all of the computers and such running in here now and the tank is starting to match those temps as our warm streak continues. Adding warmer water to that is going to do some damage. It's not ideal for the set up. Thought about moving the tank but I spend 8-10 hours a day in this room, it doesn't hold the same value in another room where I don't see it. FW would be easier to maintain without issues temp wise and I still get fish in the office.

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an actual fan blowing directly over my water surface. It is hooked up to an inkbird temp controller. I go through 5 gallons of evaporation a week on a 20 gallon but the tank stays right at 26.5c all the time. Just a thought

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that you need to break down the tank.. send me a DM when you are looking to unload your livestock I'd be interested in it.

OP
OP
J

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 decent size plugs of Battlestar Galxia, a small flat rock of xenia, small flat rock with some GSP, 5 or so small pieces of GSP glued to the glass, 4 Mint GSP on magnetic plugs, 6 GSP on magnetic plugs, a rock with 7 FL Ricordea on it. Another rock with about 15 heads of LRO Apocalypse zoas on the rock plus plugs of purpled people eater, radioactive, and another zoa. Another rock with three zoa plugs (twizzler and two other kinds). I have like 3 hammers that are two heads, 2 frogspawn, 1 octospawn, a bubble coral, Japanese mushroom, two rose anemone hiding somewhere, and a large WWC Hawaiian Punch anemone. Fish wise I think I have the following at last count...

PJ Cardinal (4), Banggi Cardinal, Extreme Misbar Ocellaris, Orange Ocellaris, Hippo Tang, Eexuisite Fire Fish (2), Kupang Damsel (2), Diamond Goby (3), Bi Color Gramma, Tomini Tang, Midas Blenny, Chromis (2), Yellow Tang, Lyretail Anthias (1M+1F), Tailspot blenny. Large clean up grew beyond that.

OP
OP
J

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
751BD245-5178-459D-87F5-B86EC8132587.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish and coral I would only expect as parts, asking someone to take every coral and fish is a massive ask.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Chiller unit (even a used one) is the answer

OP
OP
J

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes a chiller is an option but as noted in the OP I cannot do that in the room the tank is in as the power draw for a unit needed would cause too much of an amperage draw the room would constantly trip the breaker.

OP
OP
J

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI not attempting to ignore anyone here, but making a full inventory and such and trying to figure out a good time to break down the contents. Gotten a few PM's but haven't thought of pricing etc. yet. Also to answer a few private messages, I am in no way selling the tank. Of my set up the only equipment that will go is the Nyos 160, the rest I will keep to run FW in the tank. When I am ready I will get something posted here w/ full details.

KashQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up my tank in the fall and the FL heat this week has been an issue. My office gets warm in the higher temps and with me working from home now the three computers and such are not helping. The room doesn't have the electrical amps needed to run everything and a chiller so my options are rewire for more amps or add a mini split and honestly dropping that much money for the tank to stay cool is a bit too much.

That being said, will likely soon be unloading all of my coral, fish, rock, food, additives, Protein Skimmer, etc if anyone is looking to stock up on stuff.
Is the yellow tang still available?

KashQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 decent size plugs of Battlestar Galxia, a small flat rock of xenia, small flat rock with some GSP, 5 or so small pieces of GSP glued to the glass, 4 Mint GSP on magnetic plugs, 6 GSP on magnetic plugs, a rock with 7 FL Ricordea on it. Another rock with about 15 heads of LRO Apocalypse zoas on the rock plus plugs of purpled people eater, radioactive, and another zoa. Another rock with three zoa plugs (twizzler and two other kinds). I have like 3 hammers that are two heads, 2 frogspawn, 1 octospawn, a bubble coral, Japanese mushroom, two rose anemone hiding somewhere, and a large WWC Hawaiian Punch anemone. Fish wise I think I have the following at last count...

PJ Cardinal (4), Banggi Cardinal, Extreme Misbar Ocellaris, Orange Ocellaris, Hippo Tang, Eexuisite Fire Fish (2), Kupang Damsel (2), Diamond Goby (3), Bi Color Gramma, Tomini Tang, Midas Blenny, Chromis (2), Yellow Tang, Lyretail Anthias (1M+1F), Tailspot blenny. Large clean up grew beyond that.
Im interested in the female lyretail and yellow tang if still available

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back