Unpopular Opinion: Bristle Worms Wanted

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my previous tanks I always ended up with bristle worms. Pretty sure they came in when I got "cups of sand" from other reefers to seed my tank.

This time around I didn't seed my tank.

It's been just over a year now and I've never seen a bristle worm in my tank. Not. One. Time.

I don't miss having to be cautious when moving rock/etc. Now I get that "poke worry" from my Fox Face.

I do miss their cleanup capabilities as well as the "ewwwww" factor when I show a larger one to a visitor. :D

Maybe I should hit up some local reefers to catch some for me.

ntableman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had awesome luck with this place http://www.ipsf.com/reefworms.html over the years. I order a refresh pack every now and then for my big tank. I have found using his critters makes a works of difference and you aren't just sort of hoping the right things move on it with your corals/fish/etc...

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had awesome luck with this place http://www.ipsf.com/reefworms.html over the years. I order a refresh pack every now and then for my big tank. I have found using his critters makes a works of difference and you aren't just sort of hoping the right things move on it with your corals/fish/etc...
I've never seen that website before, but geez $20 for 6 little bristleworms. I need to change professions if people will pay that much for a few bristleworms. Before getting my wrasse when I would feed reefroids bristle worms would crawl out of every hole in every rock in my tank. It was cool and kinda creepy looking all at the same time.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen that website before, but geez $20 for 6 little bristleworms. I need to change professions if people will pay that much for a few bristleworms. Before getting my wrasse when I would feed reefroids bristle worms would crawl out of every hole in every rock in my tank. It was cool and kinda creepy looking all at the same time.
EXACTLY MY THOUGHT. I'M NOW A BRISTLE WORM FARMER.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1627577342145.png

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of shops may have them. Check reefcleaners, they have lots of cuc options.
I like mine, the pistol eats them too.
I knew there were shops and online vendors that sold them but I had never looked at the price and the quantity until clicking on that link. It's crazy to me that people buy them, but it's even crazier that people buy them at that price.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your population won’t get out of control if you don’t over feed. Just go get some LR rubble from a decent shop in your area or buy some coral from live aquaria. I’m sure if you wait, BRS will own all of the big bristle worm industrial complex and you will be able to get some shipped with your pharmaceutical grade Kalkwasser.

scolson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have the experience to know if there good or bad but I put up 2 of them and some brittle stars in my frag tank with my last acquisition. Should I move them to my main tank?

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes! Bristleworms are harmless detritivores (except to your fingers, which shouldn't be on the rockwork anyway) that get blamed for coral deaths sometimes, but only eat dying or dead corals. Micro brittle stars are a less creepy-looking, non-poky detritivore that you also definitely want.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are in NYC area, feel free to DM me and I'll give you a cup of my sand - will even throw in some spaghetti worms thats in there. I have a ton of both

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back