Unreliable Neptune Trident and Ecotech Versa Doser

DeepSea75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having issues with their Neptune Trident providing crazy measurements? I routinely calibrate my machine. I keep it clean. It’s only 12 months old and yet it said my Alk was 9dkh when in reality it was at under 5. I noticed poor looking coral and did several manual measurements.

Another complaint, my Ecotech Versa dosers have issues. They lose the ability to draw a suction and can’t dose. Ecotech has sent me replacement tubes which look different from the factor installed tubes. I’m assuming they made needed modifications. I wish they would have sent me enough tubes to replace all my dosers, instead, they send me 1 or 2 for the dosers with a current problem.

Ok, off my soap box.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another complaint, my Ecotech Versa dosers have issues. They lose the ability to draw a suction and can’t dose. Ecotech has sent me replacement tubes which look different from the factor installed tubes. I’m assuming they made needed modifications. I wish they would have sent me enough tubes to replace all my dosers, instead, they send me 1 or 2 for the dosers with a current problem.

Ok, off my soap box.

Seems like those dosing tubes were an upgrade to handle high ph levels, for reefers who like to dose kalk.

Reefer Matt

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having issues with their Neptune Trident providing crazy measurements? I routinely calibrate my machine. I keep it clean. It’s only 12 months old and yet it said my Alk was 9dkh when in reality it was at under 5. I noticed poor looking coral and did several manual measurements.

Ok, off my soap box.
I may be able to help with the Trident. The issue that I usually see is that the calibration is not being performed correctly. The sample bottle must be close to the same height the black tubing is when in normal operation.

The back pressure on the tube matters a lot. That's why the tubing cannot be cut. Also, a prime cycle must be ran after the tubing is placed in the calibration solution, before calibration. And then another prime cycle must be ran after calibration is complete. Here are the instructions from Neptune as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back