OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, list of the macros and link the vendors... stuff is hard to come by these days
As for what macroalgae that I have currently in the system it consists of the following!

Red Gracilaria Hayi (Grown myself from a small frag)
Codium (Local hobbyist)
Red Grape Algae (@Tigahboy)
Red Ogo (hitchhiker)
Bryothamnion Triquetrum (@Tigahboy)
Sea Lettuce (hitchhiker)

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is coming along great. I do miss my macro tank maybe I should stand another??
i want way to many tank :(
Thank you!! Its no doubt coming along! Been really fun starting this one up, honestly makes me want to set another one of these too! LOL

I am here to enable you to do it and get another tank... YOURE WELCOME LOL

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers / macro fanatics!

Wanted to drop in this Sunday and give a well needed update on the Macro Shorelines

FISH: As for the fish in the system, that has not worked out nearly as well for me as I was hoping. The Flaming Prawn Goby has been MIA since the real beginning of when he/she was added to the system. That being said I understand it is a reclusive species so I am holding onto my hopes with the little beauty. Attempted a scooter blenny, but was not the right fit for the tank either.

Macroalgae:
I have been able to add some new things, and one in particular I am happy about is a healthy portion of Blue Hypnea courtesy of @Tigahboy ! Nice having a macro legend so close to help me out. Shown below is a picture of some of the clippings from this Sunday's maintenance.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 2.34.02 AM.png

Sneaking inside the macroalgae is a pretty cool hitchhiker I had ride over on the KP Aquatics live rock. Here is a closer look at the little macro muncher.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 2.34.13 AM.png

I caved... let the little one live another day in the system just because it was such a cool little thing, and there is no way I was going to move it into my reef tank... LOL

Overal, really enjoying this project and I am glad I can give a well needed update here on the thread! Here is a full tank shot post maintenance. The maintenance on this tank is a lot more interesting, and it always peeks my interest whenever it comes around. Cheers everyone, and happy Sunday! Can check this tank out more on my IG and YouTube - King Tide Corals

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 2.41.45 AM.png

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build thread! I just started a uns 60u. Question on the twinstar, how have you been controlling it? Mine is just a simple on/off function.
So I have mine on a dimmer that I got matching for the light of of Buce Plant.

In addition, I have it attached to a timer-plug in so that it turns on and off during the time period I set it for! Couple simple attachments and all of a sudden its a smart light! LOL

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have mine on a dimmer that I got matching for the light of of Buce Plant.

In addition, I have it attached to a timer-plug in so that it turns on and off during the time period I set it for! Couple simple attachments and all of a sudden its a smart light! LOL
Lol very nice. I’m waiting for the dimmer to be back in stock, I have a smart powerbar so I should be set! Is that diffuser standard? I haven’t opened the box yet to be honest. I have the 600S

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol very nice. I’m waiting for the dimmer to be back in stock, I have a smart powerbar so I should be set! Is that diffuser standard? I haven’t opened the box yet to be honest. I have the 600S
Diffuser? Not too sure what you are referring to...

Overall, I really like the Twinstar light and the UNS 5N is a fun size... but of course I wish I would've went bigger

djstud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this has been one of my favorite tanks I have EVER had! A new style of reefing and honestly a completely different aesthetic! Wanted to update you all with a couple things here.. First off I added a very intersting and unique fish to the tank... check it out!

Secondly, I have added a sweet snail guard to the ATO so I don't run into another terrible flooding situation in this tank... a story for another day..

Here is a shot of the tank post trimming and cleaning from last night, and the Macro Shorelines in all its glory today! Cheers!

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 4.36.05 PM.png

Turned out great. This is something that I could see my son getting really interested in doing. I will shoot him the link.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back