Unsure if it’s Ich, and/or if I should wait

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I got a Kole tang a few weeks ago. I kept it in quarantine for a couple of weeks, and underestimated the importance of A longer quarantine. I thought that since the last held onto it for 2 weeks, and I kept it in quarantine for 2 weeks that it would be long enough.
When I first put it in the aquarium, there didn’t seem to be a problem. It’s very active, eating well, And seems very healthy. After a few days, there seemed to be something on its pectoral fins. A day or two later, nothing. Then again. Then a day or two later, nothing. It eats well, no flashing, no shivering, no hiding. Very active. Two of my other fish don’t have spots, lion fish, and a wrasse(I know they’re resistant). Hawkfish doesn’t have it, and I’m unsure about the puffer. Maybe on it’s pectoral fins, but even after watching for an eternity, I’m not sure because of how it’s fins flutter constantly. My question is, should I wait this out, and be sure? Or should I just risk the stress of treatment? Either tank transfer or copper. (Probably TTM), then fallow for 72-76 days.
What is the better option?

OP
OP
Spydersweb

Spydersweb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess my concern is that I wonder if it’s worth the stress of treatment, as well as staying in an uncycled(for the first weeks) 20 gallon aquarium for 72-76 days

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back