Unsure on my aquascape?

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm unsure if this looks good or not, I keep messing with it and it's doing my head In.

DSC_0479.JPG

VAFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Of course it is your tank and you have the final decision.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks good. Besides, half of the fun is deciding randomly to reaquascape six months in and cursing the entire time as you wrestle around glued on corals.

kkelly007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set up a 105g peninsula and agonized over my scape. Much to my wife's dismay, I played around with rocks on my dining room table (I used dry rock) for a solid week. I generally liked everything I did and got the opinions from my family along the way, but I kept thinking that I may have divine inspiration with a loud voice telling me that "I have done well" when I reached the perfect scape.

At the end of that week, I came to the realization that I was likely never going to create something that I knew 100% was "ideal"--i.e., that I knew definitively was as good as it would get. My guiding principles were having a handful of hidey holes for the fish, rule of thirds, different elevations to keep it interesting & for coral placement, and not too symmetrical. I ended up with the attached and I'm just about complete with my cycle and can't wait to start adding critters. I may add one single rock in the sand (actually resting on the glass like the rest of my structure) at the far end of the tank, but still playing around with that idea.

My advice from all of this is to not agonize over achieving a scape that you are certain is perfect. Just reach a place where you are happy and don't worry about the fact that the next tear down and rebuild might be slightly better. Regarding your current layout, I think it looks great--should allow for great coral placement and flow.

Tank 1.jpg Tank 2.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back