Unusual Double Scolymia & other Colonies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scolymia vitiensis-double colony

IMGP1459~2.JPG

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Just saw these ones on the site. Any chance you can share what region your scoly's have been imported from? Their surface seems very different then some of the others I have. Not sure if its because they are not as inflated. Pic for comparison. I picked up the red and UFO ring'd one from you guys this week and am loving them! Thinking about these two (I guess 3) as well!
48507105037_9023f16a53_c.jpg

edit: I completely missed the scientific name on these. The ones I have on the left are scolymia-australias, and the new ones with the raised ridges are the scolymia-vitiensis. They all seem to be getting along, even with my Croc's.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Just saw these ones on the site. Any chance you can share what region your scoly's have been imported from? Their surface seems very different then some of the others I have. Not sure if its because they are not as inflated. Pic for comparison. I picked up the red and UFO ring'd one from you guys this week and am loving them! Thinking about these two (I guess 3) as well!
48507105037_9023f16a53_c.jpg

edit: I completely missed the scientific name on these. The ones I have on the left are scolymia-australias, and the new ones with the raised ridges are the scolymia-vitiensis. They all seem to be getting along, even with my Croc's.

The Scolymia vitiensis come in from Tonga, they do not get puffy like the Australian auatralis. Actually the name has changed to Homophyllia from Scolymia but every one still knows them as Scolys.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back