Realworldreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! In about a month I'll be starting my new reef aquarium build! I'm going to be doing a full build series here and on Youtube. I hope if anyone is interested they tag along. The system will consist of 180 gallon aquarium from custom aquariums. Lighting is going to be ether Orphek Atlantic V4s, or ATI Powermodule Hybrid. I'll be running a full Nepture System including the ATK and Flow monitoring system. For internal flow I'll be running 2 Maxspect Gyre 250s, and for return I'll be running a EcoTech Vectra. All other pumps will be Sicce. The ZEOvit will be housed in an Avast Marine Works Vibe. More to come soon! Feel free to check out my youtube channel and see whats happening there. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP7hX0-mT1t8u_j6wiGpygw

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r!

I too have a 180 running zeovit. You can check out my build thread if you have time! Link is in my sig

chriscq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like this is going to be a fun build to follow! What type of reef are you going to be doing? Sps, mixed, softies etc.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it should be a great system once its all up and going. Any pictures of the setup or any other eye candy? I've been running ZeoVit on my 120ish gallon system for almost a year now :)

OP
OP
Realworldreefing

Realworldreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like this is going to be a fun build to follow! What type of reef are you going to be doing? Sps, mixed, softies etc.
Mostly stony corals but I would like some organic movement as well. It will be slow and steady as I want to avoid mistakes as much as possible.

OP
OP
Realworldreefing

Realworldreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it should be a great system once its all up and going. Any pictures of the setup or any other eye candy? I've been running ZeoVit on my 120ish gallon system for almost a year now :)
I hope it will! All I have are the YouTube videos I have made that just talk about my plans with some aquarium background footage "not my aquariums" My build does not officially start until I move later this month/early next month.

chriscq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly stony corals but I would like some organic movement as well. It will be slow and steady as I want to avoid mistakes as much as possible.

Awesome. If I were you I'd go with a T5 LED combo since you're going to do mostly SPS. I recently switched to T5's and my sps have never looked so good. I'm getting colors out of corals that I never thought were there. With a combo you get the best of both worlds. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Realworldreefing

Realworldreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. If I were you I'd go with a T5 LED combo since you're going to do mostly SPS. I recently switched to T5's and my sps have never looked so good. I'm getting colors out of corals that I never thought were there. With a combo you get the best of both worlds. Just my 2 cents.

Awesome, yes I was leaning strongly towards the ATI Powermodule. Thanks for your 2 cents, it's always welcome here!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back